Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Heart Shadows

This week at I Heart Faces it's all about shadows! I actually got super excited about this too.  Just last week I went through all 15,000 (yes, I am serious) pictures on my computer, deleting the ones that were meh, and all the ones of my brother-in-law making faces at the camera.  Now I have 12,000 (still serious) pictures on my computer, but I also had a good idea of all the pictures I had taken! So I had several contenders for this week, without having to think about it too much!
I took this two years ago at one of the Cherry Blossom Festival kick-off events in DC.  The Washington Ballet was performing and as a former dancer I was super excited to be able to watch and take photos.  Thanks to the stage lights at many different angles shadows were in abundance! I particularly like this one. For one, holy back muscles batman! Two, there are three shadows, but I love the main one - it just accents the strength of his jump and makes you realize how high he is in the air!

To see more shadows head over to I Heart Faces!

37 comments:

  1. This picture is breathtaking! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fascinating! I can't believe you have 12,000 pictures on your computer. WOWZERS : ) I am glad you feel better and more organized about them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...what an amazing capture, Tamar. You win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing dancer! Amazing action shot as well. & very good job getting rid of 3,000 pictures. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this shot is amazing!!!! I didn't enter one this time because I didn't have a good one but yours is perfect for this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh to be able to move like that! -- Awesome shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this! (Former dancer here too - gotta love his placement!) Talk about ballon!

    Such an awesome entry - lots of energy and drama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome photo. Great catch! I love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome shot - and you can really see the detail of his muscles, so crazy

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you have a ton of pictures! i like this one that you chose though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a bit more than good random fun (: beautiful beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I love the multiple shadows! Great action shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the action and the shadows! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome capture Tamar! the shadows make it extra great, as they really emphasize the dance and make it a perfect action shot. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great action shot!! I have no idea how many pictures are on my computer but I know it's time to clean it off like you did lol! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, even the shadow speaks of the dancer's poise and grace...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man! That is just such an awesome picture!

    P.S ~ Thanks for liking mine. . .I'm such a novice but I do love these games.

    ReplyDelete
  18. PS ~ I just joined your blog. I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a super duper wonderfully awesome capture! Wow. Yes, holy back muscles batman!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photo! The 3 shadows are really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that you can see three different shadows here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!! What an amazing photo - the color, grace and beauty... just WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Tamar, I am really impressed at the action you captured and the unique shadow shape the dancer's movement created! Very cool! I enjoyed reading the background to the shot! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're not kidding about the back muscles, wow! This is such a great capture.

    ReplyDelete