As a kid I loved to get the mail each day. Avi and I would call dips on who got to race down to the end of the drive way and retrieve the daily mail. Then I grew-up and have moved into my own apartment. I still love getting the mail. I always hope there is something exciting in my mail box waiting for me. Of course, in true grown-up fashion it's usually a bill, but sometimes I get a magazine or a card. But, let's keep it real, it's usually a bill.
So when I received a postcard from Tina I was super excited! It may have arrived amidst bills and other boring mail, but this postcard all the way from Sweden made my day! It's not everyday a fun postcard arrives let alone one from such a long way away. Sometimes it's the little somethings in life!
Getting a postcard from a friend in Sweden is definitely one of the great 'little things in life'. Very fun!
ReplyDeleteI love getting mail too - postcards are the best!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely "far away" and very exciting! Much nicer than a bill!
ReplyDeleteI love surprises and personal mail when you least expect it. FUN!
ReplyDeleteooh fun, I haven't gotten a postcard in forever! Looks like an amazing place too!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on this one.....I still love getting mail! Always have.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, LOVE getting 'real' mail and love writing letters too! :)
ReplyDeleteI wrote a blog post about the lost art of letter writing (if you're interested, you can find it under the { S P I R I T } tab. It's called 'The Power of the Handwritten Word'.
I've spent some time in Sweden - it's a magnificent country!
Blessings,
This Good Life
How fun to see it in your hands! I must have missed this since I was at my in law´s, but it felt even nicer now! :-)
ReplyDelete