Thursday, June 13, 2019

Things My Third Graders Say v. 28

me: where is your kippa
kid: in my lunchbox 
me: why
kid: it's hungry 

me: weather is determined by...
kid 1: meteorologists 
kid 2: god
kid 3: scientists who think they're god 
me: yes, but no...

me: food that is fresh is...
kid: organic
me: i was going for unspoiled but that works too

kid: i'm not savage...yet
me: bad use of yet

kid: i'm going to write with my ear
me: no
kid: what
me: see don't damage your hearing further
me: stop playing bumper study shields.

kid 1: what does it mean to produce pigs
kid 2: it's called fakin'

kid 1: what's a top knot
me: like a bun
kid 2: no more like a hipster

kid: why are our words weird 

kid 1: wow native americans hunted a lot of meat
kid 2: because meat is amazing
me: it's been a long week
kid: it's monday

kid: guess what
me: your face
kid: i have been a bad influence on you

me: the word is urgent
kid: don't cry for me urgent-ina 
me: wow

kid: i held a worm
me: i hope you used soap and water after
kid: on my hands or the worm

me: they ate succatash 
kid: you said a bad word
me: how about...
kid: your mom

kid: were JFK and Ella Fitzgerald related

kid 1: is an eyelid a real thing
kid 2: blink you just saw your eyelid
kid 1: no i saw black 

me: the font needs to look like normal writing
kid: it does...like normal death writing
me: no

me: ok you motley crew
kid: we're not moldy 
kid 1: is jk rowling still alive
me: yes
kid 2: she's like 58
kid 3: that's old...it's almost 60

kid: which side is the bright side
me: it's not a place it's a thing
kid: but where is it

me: how'd you know that
kid: it got memorized in my brain

kid: poptismism 
me: optimism?
kid: no peptosism
me: pepto bismol? 
kid: no peptimisticom 
me: i'm optimistic you will get this! 

kid 1: i am getting vulgar fractions
kid 2: it's using bad words?
kid 1: i'm confuzzled 
kid 2: is that confused and fuzzy at the same time

kid: ugh
me: what
kid: i'm ughing because this is boring

kid: i heard a study that said any music can help us focus
me: do you have a request
kid: beasty boys

kid: the pueblo hunted cantelope
me: i think you mean antelope

kid: i quit
me: you can't quit yet 
kid: why
me: you need to give two weeks notice first
kid: are there two weeks of school left
me: yes
kid: i give my two weeks notice then i am quitting

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

18 thoughts on the matter:

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Tamar, you should write a book of your students' sayings! :)

Mary K. said... {Reply}

I second what the above blogger said. You should write a book on this. It is so entertaining to see what kids say.

Bekah said... {Reply}

Urgentina!! That is the best!! I love these.

Tom said... {Reply}

...to be able to sit like that little fellow and then be able to get up!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

These are my favorite of your posts!
Yes to the book suggestion!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Love them all. Hilarious.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

These are always my favorite posts!!!

Grace Liang said... {Reply}

I always look forward to reading your posts to see what new words and sayings your students will come up with lol.

Please stop by at www.colorandgrace.com every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for linkup parties! Hope to see you there!

Grace Liang

www.colorandgrace.com 

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said... {Reply}

I love when you share the kids' comments

Michelle said... {Reply}

I love these! Never a dull moment, is it?

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

It's always fun to see the hilarious things that kids think to say. They truly are very creative! :)

Klara S said... {Reply}

Ha, ha, it's always fun to read about your students conversations.
Thank you for hosting.

Suchot - The Curious Frugal said... {Reply}

Bestie Boys helps me focus too :)

Suchot - The Curious Frugal said... {Reply}

Haha, Beastie, not Bestie.

Joanne said... {Reply}

This is always such a fun series to read! I love so many of them but I think the whole "meat is amazing" is probably my favorite.

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

These post always make me smile and chuckle and appreciate children a little more than the amount that they drive me crazy!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

I had a good old giggle at these especially seeing I just reached 60!!
How precious they are!
Bless you,
Jennifer

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very cute. Always thankful when you share them.