Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Play Ball

Play ball! I just want to play
Whatever the inning, whoever is winning
It's all the same
Play ball! I just want to say
Whatever the season, whatever the reason
I love that game

{Play Ball -- J. Bristol}

Summer couldn't end without my going to a Red Sox game! It was doubly fun because they were playing the Phillies. I may be a loyal Sox fan, but I grew up near Philly so it's fun to see a little interleague play! We were somehow sitting in a massive section of Phillies fans too...oops!

The Sox aren't having the stellar season they had last year, but they are the loveable Sox none the less. The game wasn't too crazy - not a blow out - but also nothing impressive.

The Sox pitcher was meh at the start and the Phillies got a few runs. The Phillies' pitcher kept trying to pick off Mookie Betts at first - after 10 tries the crowd got annoyed and Betts stole 2nd, so take that!

The Sox finally got a few runs too, but not enough to stage a comeback. Oh well! Always good to get to a game, no matter what the score!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

a spirit of simplicity said... {Reply}

My dad was a sports writer in Boston and had a radio sports talk show in the late 70s/early 80s called Clif and Claf. Going to Fenway always reminds me of him. It doesn’t matter who wins....but it’s pretty nice if we do.

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Hey, Tamar, I was at that game too! My first time in Fenway and I loved how it is all about baseball - no hot dog races, kiss cam, or other diversions. (Of course, I also liked seeing the Phillies win!)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Love going to baseball games!

Tom said... {Reply}

...they sure pack them in!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

What a fun game to see! I would have been conflicted. lol!

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

I am sad we didn't have time to go to a game this summer while we were there. Next time! Have a great week.
http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-reunion.html

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

So fun- such an Iconic American thing to do...

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very nice. You get to go the best ballpark and I have season tickets to worst but it is still major league baseball. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful Wednesday.

Veronica Lee said... {Reply}

Sounds like fun. Can you believe I've never been to a baseball game!

Klara S said... {Reply}

Never seen baseball game, even on TV ;)
Thank you for hosting.

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

I haven’t been to a baseball game in so, so long! It is such a fun time! We are Phillies fans here so I am certain that was a fun game to attend! We are headed to a Penn State football game this weekend though...as baseball season moves out, football season moves in.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Shiju Sugunan said... {Reply}

Looks like fun!

Pieni Lintu said... {Reply}

Looks cool! We don't have that game here in Finland but one very similar called "pesäpallo"...hmmm.."nest ball" direct translation. :D