Tuesday, February 11, 2020

On the Slopes

I am one who dances with the mountains...
I am one who dances with the wind...

{John Denver -- Dancing With the Mountains}

Reunited with my snowboard and the slopes!
To be honest, after my femur injury I was a little warry of getting back out there, but with approval from my PT and a much needed carefree happy place day - I went!

I went with my work friend Devorah and instead of my usual Wachusett, we decided to go into NH to Mt. Sunapee. I hadn't been there in 5 years and it was so great to hit the longer higher slopes of the great north.

Boarding for me is like getting back on the bike. My leg behaved amazingly and I was flying down the slopes. I promised my PT I wouldn't do any black diamonds and I behaved (next time though...).

The mountain was empty too so we had no lift lines and open trails to soar down. A perfect way to get my first snowboarding fix of the season!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

9 thoughts on the matter:

Bekah said... {Reply}

And you had a beautiful day! Love those blue skies! So glad you got to go and had a great experience!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

What a gorgeous day for that! The slopes were amazing. I'm glad your leg cooperated (and that you listened to your PT!)!!

Tom said... {Reply}

...something that I enjoyed years ago, now I will settle for a walk on the beach.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Looks fab! Lucky you! Glad you got over the injury enough to enjoy it!

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

Great to see you are hitting the slopes. Have fun! Snow sports are not something we can do in Western Australia as we don't have snow! Have a great week and thanks again for the link up.

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

It sounds like it was a perfect day!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is so very cool. What a nice day. Thanks for sharing.

Veronica Lee said... {Reply}

How fun! Lucky you!!!

Happy Wednesday!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Snowboarding is so much fun! I'm glad tor injury is fully healed and you can enjoy winter sports again.