Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Not Covered in Grade School

Don't {teach} so close to me...
Don't {teach} so close to me...

{Don't Stand So Close to Me -- The Police}

Well...what a few days...weeks...year?

Teaching looks drastically different than it did mere weeks ago. Let's face it, life and everything we ever knew is a complete 180º turn from what we knew.

I will say, teaching remotely has been an exciting adventure and welcome distraction! My kiddos are amazing and have adapted perfectly. I get so excited to Zoom with them every day and my heart bursts with pride when I see an assignment turned in (2nd and 3rd-grade selfies and video skills also are keeping me going). 

Staff meetings are basically a Brady Bunch episode now and lunch breaks with my favorite coworkers are done over Zoom, not around a table. 

Right now, I am making tons of videos to teach my kiddos (so grateful for my ipad). Our class Zoom meetings are for fun check-ins -- we play Mad Libs and Boggle -- tell jokes and enjoy time together, yet afar. 

But it's not easy. Parents are doing their best at home and I am doing my best to respond to emails and make lessons and check work and manage my own sanity (lots of Netflix binging and not a lot of news seems to work!). But we're doing it. Together! 

I'll end with a message I wrote on FB -- to all parents please continue to support us, teachers, I promise this was not on a syllabus in grad school! One day at a time everyone. 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


10 thoughts on the matter:

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

You're doing great! Thanks for being there for the kids. Great chatting with you last night too!

Tom said... {Reply}

...education has never been equal for all and now the poor will fall further behind.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I'm sure they're so thankful for you! It's good to see so much positivity and smiles on everyone!

Suchot said... {Reply}

Your kids are so lucky to have you for a teacher! <3

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

I love that teacher tweet - I just sent it to all the teachers I know. Fab work.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very nice. I am learning the zoom meeting thing. It is an interesting process. I am just trying to keep some tabs on my students which is a hard thing. That is the price I pay for teaching the emotionally disturbed who are living in interesting situations.

Veronica Lee said... {Reply}

Your kids are so blessed to have you for a teacher! You rock!

Stay safe!

Bekah said... {Reply}

You're doing an amazing job - as you always do. I've appreciated watching your journey on social media to learn how you're adapting to new ways. Your students are very, very blessed to have you!!

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

Keep up the great work you are doing teaching your kids. We haven't closed our schools down in Australia yet but many parents are keeping kids away from school, so I think it will come. Stay safe and thanks for the Communal Global linkup! :)

Michelle said... {Reply}

Awesome that you can still interact with your students!

Michelle
http://mybijoulifeonline.com