Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lucy

We recently went "back to our roots" ie South Jersey for a very good friend's bar mitzvah. After 3 years since we had moved up here to NY, I several places I wanted to go, things to do, etc.

Seeing Lucy was of them. Lucy is a HUGE elephant in Margate. She used to be a hotel (swank, no?) and is now a small tourist attraction (that was featured in Newsweek years ago!). I grew up with Lucy being part of my neighborhood and I realized I had no pictures of this big beauty, well now I do!!
She's huge, see?

I used to love going up onto the observation deck when I was little. You could see for miles on a clear day!
And seriously, how many elephants do know with windows in their tushies?

So glad I have these memories of "back home" to have forever!!

0 thoughts on the matter: