Friday, March 11, 2011

What is love?

Yesterday, I taught my mom's first grade Religious School class while she continues to recover.  They were learning about the V'ahavta and we were discussing love what love feels like and looks like.  These six and seven years olds gave such profound answers I was absolutely blown away!

Love is...
"something when you really like a person in a special way"
      "people who take care of you and help you and people you care for"
            "family, because they gave birth to you"

Love feels...
"really happy, it feels good to you and means you like them"
     "like you appreciate someone a lot and you show it by hugging"
            "it feels good, a person cares for you, you're with them even if they're not actually there"

Look looks...
"you can tell, they'll be together"
      "like people holding hands with arms around someone, but not always hugging"
            "being partners all the time and staying together"

Their answers blew me away, if anything I was learning from them that night! These kids are the future and were wise beyond their years. Just amazing.

2 thoughts on the matter:

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

Awww, from the mouths of babes. Sometimes kids don't get the credit they deserve. :)

I love throwing random questions at my kids, because I never know what gems they might throw out.

Happy weekend!

Sian said... {Reply}

aw love this. I used to be a teacher, I love the things they say