Thursday, September 1, 2011

New beginnings

It's September. It's Elul. It's back to school. It's the start of my student teaching. It's a time for new beginnings.  

Yesterday, it was the start of my student teaching. Teachers and interns had staff meetings and worked on setting up their classrooms.  It felt good to cross the threshold into the classroom I will be teaching in this year. It began to put my nerves at ease. 
There are so many new beginnings right now. A new year at graduate school. A new (first) year of teaching. And in just four short weeks, a new Jewish year. So much new all at once, but also a great deal of excitement and anticipation.
 As I turned my calendar to September, and coincidently Elul, this morning I couldn't help but think about what this year will hold for me. Both the academic year and Jewish year. My new calendar is blank for now, but not for long. Soon it will be filled with the road map for my year, it will most likely seem very stressful and overwhelming, but at the end of the day or year, it will have all been worth it.
So here's to a sweet year, an apple for the teachers, a year filled with success!

1 thoughts on the matter:

deb duty said... {Reply}

It's such an exciting time for you! What grade will you be teaching?