Thursday, November 17, 2011

Outside my window...

Outside my window...a gray November sky, as sundown approaches and the rain beating down on the last leaf, hanging onto its branch.
I'm thinking...how ready I am for Thanksgiving break. Thinking about how far I've come since September and how much I've learned in just 48 days of school.
I'm hoping...that I can make it through the next four weeks leading up to the end of the semester, all while being able to enjoy life and get some time for myself in there.
I'm hearing...the rhythmic pattering of the rain on the leaf covered sidewalk. There is something about a constant rain that is soothing and comforting, as long as I am listening from inside.
Some of my favorite things...this time of year, the holiday cheer is building and I love the coziness and happiness that is floating in the air.

21 thoughts on the matter:

Ashley Sisk said... {Reply}

I love all those fall colors!

Kmcblackburn said... {Reply}

I really like the texture of that metal bench with the leaves on it. And I love listening to the rain while INSIDE too! I think it is soothing.

Kathy

Alice said... {Reply}

so many leaves! i love your editing - your pictures are colorful and lively!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

WOW- what fall splendor!!! I would love to have all those leaves around here.

Ellie said... {Reply}

Beautiful colours. Love your first shot with the leaves all amongst the flowers. Lovely!!!

Kim Stevens said... {Reply}

Oh, these are beautiful! I just love how those trees are just glowing and that last one, WOW!

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

Ah, pretty fall colors! These are beautiful. :)

Unknown said... {Reply}

Gorgeous photos! I love the shading on that last one and the colors. So lovely...

Unknown said... {Reply}

Love the perpsective on that first shot!

Serline said... {Reply}

Beautiful vibrant colors! This is such a beautiful time of the year.

Nancy said... {Reply}

A true, wet, damp, colorful, musty fall day. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Lil said... {Reply}

Beautiful fall and lovely photographs!

Unknown said... {Reply}

Especially love the last two - the bench and the leaves on the sidewalk.
I love the "details" of a scene.
Thanks for sharing.

Sian said... {Reply}

Man I love Autumn. Great shots as always x

deb duty said... {Reply}

Gorgeous fall photos! Enjoy your break. My boys are off for the next week. Yay!

hannah said... {Reply}

These are fine and individualistic images. A new take on walking about.

Me said... {Reply}

So many beautiful shots! I really love that bench covered in leaves and the trees along the sidewalk.

Sara said... {Reply}

I love this set of photos! So much color! I adore the shot of the bench.

Katie Nicoll said... {Reply}

Oh, that view from your window is awesome! It's so relaxing. I love the color of those leaves.

Carolynn Cecilia said... {Reply}

phenomenal colors! what a stunning street view!

Gulf Coast said... {Reply}

I personally think this article is fabulous. I agree with much of the information here and am inspired to read more on this topic. Thank you for keeping things interesting.