Tuesday, November 15, 2011

To the moon

I love the power, the beauty, and the mystery of the moon.  I really don't even know how to describe the mystique I see in the moon.    
I'm fascinated by its cycle, the changing view each evening, the knowing that when I look up at night that the moon will be there.
Just like we look to the horizon on earth, not knowing what's next, to me, looking at the moon's horizon makes me wonder, what is on the other side of the moon?
Something so close, yet so far away, it really is magical and powerful.  It impacts the tides and even children's  (and adults) behaviors and in Judaism our calendar revolved around it.
One day, I would love to travel to the moon. I'd love to look down on Earth what a view that would be! For now, I am content with my view of the moon, in all its glory, rising in the sky outside my window.

7 thoughts on the matter:

deb duty said... {Reply}

Really great moon photos! I love watching it's changing shapes too, but I have no desire to visit!

tinajo said... {Reply}

The moon is very fascinating indeed - and beautiful, like in these shots. :-)

Anita Johnson said... {Reply}

I love the moon too...and we have had some very pretty harvest moon risings (sp?) here this fall.

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

I love your moon shots. :) I love traveling, but I'm not sure if I ever would want to travel to the moon. I'd wait to read about your adventure there. :)

Sian said... {Reply}

These shots are sooooo good!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said... {Reply}

Oh wow... these are amazing shots of the moon! It is just stunning and mysterious. Love that! :)

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Beautiful- I have a deep love for photos of the moon