Friday, December 16, 2011

Anniversary

11 years, yowza! 11 years ago I had butterflies in my stomach as I became a bat mitzvah. How in the word can it be 11 years since that snowy morning!?  I'm actually super excited for this anniversary! It's the first time I'll get to read nearly all of the Torah aliyot that I read that morning. 
  I still have such fond memories of that weekend. It was Chanukah, it was snowy, it was magical, and it was a day full of achievements. It's amazing to think of how much I have achieved in the 11 years since I became a "women." Now, I am a few months from really being an adult, and it's mind boggling to think that 11 years ago I was a little 7th grader! Sometimes it seems like forever ago and other times it feels like yesterday.
 I am trying to find some humor in the fact that on this anniversary I am once again reading my parsha with braces on my teeth (maybe that's why it feels like yesterday...). Except this time my rubber bands are clear and not purple and blue. I also don't have a blue dress suit to wear...
Let's just hope that I don't look like a dear in headlights tomorrow...

5 thoughts on the matter:

Anita Johnson said... {Reply}

How exciting and these photos brought a smile to my face. I got braces the year I turned 40. (o:

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

What a special time- being that I don't know much about all of it- it is really nice to see all these pics & learn something today! Thanks for sharing!

Icy BC said... {Reply}

I don't know much about this either, but congratulation is in order. You look great, braces at all :-)

Laura said... {Reply}

Yasher Koach. My friend who was the photographer for both of my daughters bat mitzvot just found a stash of photos from my eldest daughter. She's almost 18 now...she looks like such a little girl in the photos...I'd forgotten how tiny she was!

Sian said... {Reply}

aw you look so young and cute!