Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lucky?

I love bamboo. It's so green and thin, and whimsical. And lucky? Well, maybe not for me. I mean, I have no proof that it doesn't provide me with good or bad luck. It's more like I don't have the best luck with it. 

Exhibit A:
 One lovely green stalk of bamboo. And one not so lucky stick of bamboo. I don't know what I did to it.
 Clearly, one of them is thriving.
  Or at least, one of them isn't dead...
 They both received equal amount of water and sunlight. I guess one of them is just a wee bit luckier!
Let's see how lucky this last bamboo standing is. Not sure if I should be hoping it's lucky enough to not  perish or if I should be hoping 1 strand of lucky bamboo is enough to bring me luck!

12 thoughts on the matter:

4 Lettre Words said... {Reply}

Ha...that made me smile. I'm gonna say the dead one had a prior illness that you were unaware of at purchase. :) The green one sure is lovely!

deb duty said... {Reply}

Oh well, at least one lived! I agree it does have a whimsical shape. Very pretty!

Ellie said... {Reply}

Strange how one looks so healthy and the other not so healthy.
As least you have one, if it was me they would probably both be not very well.

Nancy said... {Reply}

Can you propogate bamboo easily? Looks like the "dead" one wants to grow some new shoots.

Kmcblackburn said... {Reply}

Survival of the Fittest :)

Chrissy said... {Reply}

Mine looks just like the "dead" one...I don't know what I did wrong either...I guess it was just time to part! Haha
Coming over from Deb's this or that thursday
Hugs,
Chrissy xxx

Driftwood and Pumpkin said... {Reply}

I love bamboo too but have killed it every stinking time I've tried. I wonder why that is?

tinajo said... {Reply}

I love it but have never had one - maybe I should try to find one! :-)

Susan said... {Reply}

Too funny. They’re kind of like Yin and Yang bamboo!

tiarastantrums said... {Reply}

oh my non green thumb would have killed both of them!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

How cool- you make me want to get some!

Unknown said... {Reply}

Ha Ha HA! Lucky bamboo! : ) So funny : )