Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lucky?

I love bamboo. It's so green and thin, and whimsical. And lucky? Well, maybe not for me. I mean, I have no proof that it doesn't provide me with good or bad luck. It's more like I don't have the best luck with it. 

Exhibit A:
 One lovely green stalk of bamboo. And one not so lucky stick of bamboo. I don't know what I did to it.
 Clearly, one of them is thriving.
  Or at least, one of them isn't dead...
 They both received equal amount of water and sunlight. I guess one of them is just a wee bit luckier!
Let's see how lucky this last bamboo standing is. Not sure if I should be hoping it's lucky enough to not  perish or if I should be hoping 1 strand of lucky bamboo is enough to bring me luck!

12 thoughts on the matter:

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said... {Reply}

Ha...that made me smile. I'm gonna say the dead one had a prior illness that you were unaware of at purchase. :) The green one sure is lovely!

deb duty said... {Reply}

Oh well, at least one lived! I agree it does have a whimsical shape. Very pretty!

Ellie said... {Reply}

Strange how one looks so healthy and the other not so healthy.
As least you have one, if it was me they would probably both be not very well.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said... {Reply}

Can you propogate bamboo easily? Looks like the "dead" one wants to grow some new shoots.

Kathy said... {Reply}

Survival of the Fittest :)

Chrissy said... {Reply}

Mine looks just like the "dead" one...I don't know what I did wrong either...I guess it was just time to part! Haha
Coming over from Deb's this or that thursday
Hugs,
Chrissy xxx

Tracey from ⓽ said... {Reply}

I love bamboo too but have killed it every stinking time I've tried. I wonder why that is?

tinajo said... {Reply}

I love it but have never had one - maybe I should try to find one! :-)

Susan said... {Reply}

Too funny. They’re kind of like Yin and Yang bamboo!

tiarastantrums said... {Reply}

oh my non green thumb would have killed both of them!

Chic Homeschool Mama said... {Reply}

How cool- you make me want to get some!

Life with Kaishon said... {Reply}

Ha Ha HA! Lucky bamboo! : ) So funny : )