Friday, March 9, 2012

Elevensies

This has been going around the blogosphere - I was super honored when Gina tagged me. Here's how it works.

1. Post these rules.
2. Post a picture of yourself along with 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the person who tagged you asked.
4. Ask 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Let those people know you tagged them!
Ok. 11 Random Facts.

1. I know ASL and often talk to myself in ASL
2. I would love to visit New Zealand one day and relive the Lord of the Rings movies
3. I grew up 15 minutes from the ocean and love being near the water
4. I love heights, but have a fear of falling from heights
5. I tend to always cry from laughing, even over a small joke
6. I am a peanut butter addict
7. Sea turtles and hedgehogs are my favorite animals
8. I once had a pet rabbit who was litter box trained, the dogs hated her
9. I never had a real nickname until I got to college, now I have 4
10. I think I say a Yiddish word every 10 minutes, I speak Engl-dish (English+Yiddish)
11. I hate wearing shoes, days were I am in shoes for over 12 hours drive me nuts!

11 Answers to 11 Questions.
1. Where did you grow up? I was born and raised outside of Atlantic City, NJ - it's more small town and rural than you think!
2. Coffee or tea? Tea. I have a mug of herbal tea every afternoon - helps me calmly get through the afternoon with the kiddos.
3. What's for dinner TONIGHT? For shabbat dinner I am making a pan seared tuna steak and roasted broccoli. Plus a hamantaschen for desert!
4. Favorite desert? Hm...I tend not to have desert every night. But on special occasions, I love a good peach or apple crisp.
5. Color tones throughout your home? I rent, but the walls are a soft cream and my furniture is a light oak/wood color with lots of blue accents through art work and pillows.
6. Describe your personal style. On the weekends/non-work days: jeans and a nice top, always a belt and a necklace. I am never outside the house in sweats, etc (except for the gym). For work: nice pants and a sweater, belt, and necklace. For synagogue: a fun skirt and top and of couse a necklace!
7. Any random, useless "talents"? Um. I can roll my tongue and I can do a really freaky imitation of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings movies, my precious...
8. Food you don't like? Mayo. It wiggles and weirds me out. There is one recipe I like it, mainly because it is mixed with horseradish and ketchup and baked over fish. But I don't put it in tuna or anything else!
9. Fear of? Snakes. Snakes. Snakes. I am getting better b/c I walk by (ugg) the snake tank at the science lab 2000 times a day (if I don't look it 'itsn't' there....). But ugg, no snakes please. ever.
10. Do I have any pets? What are they? Not now, sadly. I grew up with the two best mini-poodles, though. Sivi and Sufi will always be my first pets!
11. Worst thing you did as a kid? Oy, I was such a goody two shoes. The time I sat in the back of the car, hit my own leg and said "mom, Avi is hitting me" 50x - is the worst I can thing of...

Ok. Now a new set of 11 questions.
1. Morning person or whoa, definitely not!
2. What is your favorite book or the best book you've ever read?
3. Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall?
4. What languages do you speak? Wish you spoke any more?
5. What's the best vacation you've ever taken?
6. If you could spend one day with anyone in the world (dead or alive) who would it be?
7. Salty or sweet?
8. How many kids were in your high school class?
9. How'd you start blogging?
10. Favorite board game?
11. Reality tv, yay or nay?

Tag you're it!
1. Buckeroomama
2. Deb
3. Kathy
4. Susan
5. Dina
6. you're all it!

8 thoughts on the matter:

Susan said... {Reply}

Fun! I used to hate snakes too, but found out the big ones are not so bad.

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said... {Reply}

so fun to learn more about you...and great selfie.. very cute.

Kim Stevens said... {Reply}

Love your pic, and learning more about you! And I'm with Susan, snakes aren't so bad - used to have a cornsnake and he loved handing out candy on Halloween and the kids loved it too!

Nancy said... {Reply}

So interesting -- you really have an eclectic sense about you. But it all works so well in harmony. :)

Serline said... {Reply}

It's always nice to see you smile. Makes me feel happy today. Have a great weekend, Tamar.:)

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Love reading all about you!!!!!!! I share your dislike of shoes. I like buying them but live 99% of the time bare foot or in flip flops.

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

I so enjoyed reading this!

ASL? I wish I know more of ASL. I know enough to have signed with both J & Z when they were babies, though. :)

Will definitely play along, but will have to modify this a bit as I've been tagged by another friend, so I'll make it a 2-in-1. Hope you won't mind. :)

Rachel said... {Reply}

Love your random facts! I talk to myself in PSE :)

And the snakes thing - I'm with ya!