Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies: Updated!

I am still laying on the couch in a slightly(less) pitiful heap, so why not blog about cookies!

I make these every fall and after I posted it last fall and then pinned it it now has a ton of repins! I made these last week, with some updates (before becoming a walking petri-dish) and they were devoured at a pot-luck. Now I just wish I had kept more for myself!


Pumpkin Cookies
1/2 cup apple saucee - this was one change and wow - even lighter than before
1/2 cup white sugar - (I used the Truvia baking stevia, so only used 1/4 c.)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 can pumpkin
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda 
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
Chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350ยบ.  Cream together the apple sauce and sugars. Add the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. Add in dry ingredients and mix to blend. 

Add in any chocolate chips you want. I've used semi-sweet and white chocolate. I've used peanut and milk chocolate. I've made them plain, you get the idea!

Drop by tablespoon full onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes (took around 17ish with the apple sauce) or until bottoms are slightly browned! Should make 3 dozen or so amazing cookies. These are good fresh from the oven or fresh from the freezer! Enjoy!
Little by LittleSarah Halstead

14 thoughts on the matter:

Unknown said... {Reply}

Those sound amazing!! May need to make some this year!

Linda said... {Reply}

yum!! these sound great!

Lori said... {Reply}

Yummy! I need to pin this!

Sarah Halstead said... {Reply}

Ohhh!! Yummy!

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

I hope you are feeling better! These look yummy. So fun to get all the repins!

tiarastantrums said... {Reply}

You should be on the mend again soon - then you will have to whip up a batch just for yourself!

Yolanda Ronaldo said... {Reply}

I definitely need to make some of these!

Mary Gene Atwood said... {Reply}

I Love pumpkin anything this time of year! I will have to break out the mixer and try this.

Susan said... {Reply}

Yum, love pumpkin cookies! (well almost all cookies) Hope you're up to making some more soon.

Serendipityissweet said... {Reply}

Yum-O! Those look and sound fantastic!!!
Hope you feel better very soon!

Unknown said... {Reply}

Thanks for sharing this recipe! Before Christmas I'm definitely going to try these:) Hope you feel better soon!

renae said... {Reply}

Ok #1 I don't cook. #2 I do bake sometimes. and this is a recipe for baking
and
#3 I LOVE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN COOOOKIES!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!

Are you getting better? You said you were still weak. Please get all better ok? ok? :D

Christine E-E said... {Reply}

oooohhhh... please take it easy! as one who has been in the classroom, sleep as much as you can. A friend of mine (actually, my ex-husband) got pneumonia his first year of teaching & used up almost everyone of his sick days for the entire year. He tried going to work before he got entirely well & ended up sicker (& for a longer period of time) --- so do take care my friend. Read - bubble bath - HGTV & rest...

MeaganMusing said... {Reply}

Yes please! These look wonderful. I haven't made pumpkin cookies yet this fall!