Thursday, November 8, 2012

Salem Architecture

More Salem pictures! Emily found this great walking map of the historic buildings in Salem, it talked about the architecture and history of the period and we got to see some amazing New England homes. 
So many brick facades and gorgeous fences.
Then in the middle of the downtown is the super modern Peabody Essex Museum, so cool. The facade above makes me think of the big heads on Easter Island.
This is the First Unitarian Church, it was started in 1629! I just love the reflection in the neighboring pond.
These home are just so amazing. Now many are private homes that are marked as historical sites. I just love that one is numbered as 1 1/2!
Every house we came to I exclaimed that I wanted to live in it. I think if I want to afford this neighborhood I need to start playing the lottery...But it is fun to look at, that is for certain! 
We had such a lovely day! I for sure want to head back there again and explore even more!
Little by Little

15 thoughts on the matter:

Pride In Photos Beauty said... {Reply}

Oh My more beauties from Salem...my heart is still beating. Love your photos of the Boston area.
Laurie

Linda Kittmer said... {Reply}

Beautiful shots. I love the old buildings, but the modern architecture with those wonderful shadows is a fabulous shot too!

Pieni Lintu said... {Reply}

Pretty buildings!

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

I love this series...made even more enticing by the fact that we are building up to the American Revolution in Aidan's studies. Would love to do that within your context. Have briefly touched on Salem witch trials.

Unknown said... {Reply}

Wow! What a great place for picture taking. You got so many great shots!

Kmcblackburn said... {Reply}

OHHHH, OHHHHH, OHHHH...wrought iron fence BOKEH! Gorgeous!

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

Hahaha, this time I know it's Salem, MA! :)

renae said... {Reply}

Nice selections here Tamar. I love how your layout techniques is pleasant. have a warm day staying warm, k?

Suzanne O'Brien said... {Reply}

Great shots, love a little boost of fall color as we don't get that much out here in CA! Thanks for sharing this series.

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Lovely shots!

Unknown said... {Reply}

Such gorgeous photography, Tamar! It really made me want to stop and examine what you shot. Sounds like you had a great adventure!!! ~Sarah of Sarah Hulbert Style

Unknown said... {Reply}

I love these shots...especially the flare! :)

No Greater Love said... {Reply}

Oh my goodness, what beautiful buildings and homes where you live!!! You did a great job photographing them. :)

Lynn Wood said... {Reply}

These old buildings are so special and your got some fantastic shots (as always). We just don't have old buildings like that in the west and they are so fun to see.

~Lynn

tiarastantrums said... {Reply}

you really could just walk around all day every day and take gorgeous photos eh?? Lots to look at!