Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Yale

This weekend I took a short day trip down into Connecticut. I met up with mom in New Haven for a visit to our awesome natural allergist.  After we were done we spent some time together walking around Yale.
 I had no idea that their crest has Hebrew on it! It means "light and truth" in English.
So much amazing architecture - it just felt like a giant castle grounds. 
 The gates, the arches, the stone. I just love the gothic architecture.
They also had some fun sculptures, including a Calder.
It was a short but lovely visit. A nice fall afternoon spent wondering a beautiful campus.

11 thoughts on the matter:

Secret Mom Thoughts said... {Reply}

It is a beautiful campus. You captured it well.

Pride In Photos Beauty said... {Reply}

I adore visiting old campuses!!! I visited Harvard when we were up there, but missed Yale...boo! Thanks so much for sharing.
Laurie

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

Wow! That is a beautiful campus! Love it!

Leovi said... {Reply}

Wonderful photos, creative perspectives.

EMily said... {Reply}

How beautiful, that place has such amazing history.

Mary Gene Atwood said... {Reply}

I would love to spend time at Yale, and Harvard. Hope the allergist has some tricks for you!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

So BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that campus!

Sharon said... {Reply}

Yale is indeed classic in architecture. Your shots are elegant. I visited the campus one time and would go back in a minute. I'm glad you enjoyed your afternoon there with your mom!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said... {Reply}

How pretty!! I always love wandering around university campuses in the fall. It's like the wealth of ideas are just floating around, tangible, in the air.

Vision By Mila said... {Reply}

I smell some cool HDR possibilities with that architecture.. :)

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

The campus is beautiful! There is something about university campuses that I love. Just like what Jade said, maybe it's the "wealth of ideas are just floating around, tangible, in the air." :)