Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chocolate+pb+banana smoothie

I promised that I would share more of my smoothie recipes. I had an awesome workout this morning and came home in serious need of something to help me refuel and whipped up this beauty. 

This is one of my favorite smoothies. I totally came up with this concoction on my own a few months ago and it's my go to now. 
 The base? That little milk box. It is so amazing and pre-measured! And what goes better with chocolate than peanut butter and bananas?
I also add some flaxseed meal into my smoothies. It adds fiber and helps keep me going all day long. Trust me, you can't taste it at all. Honest.
 I just throw it all into the bullet cup, add some ice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and a little more almond milk and then blend away.
It actually takes everything in my power to not inhale this (the threat of a brain freeze does help though...). This is really a good for you breakfast/lunch/post-workout snack. The banana is super good for you, the pb and milk give you needed protein, and the chocolate well, why not?

chocolate+pb+banana smoothie:
- 1 chocolate coconut milk box*
- 1 banana (frozen or room temp)
- peanut butter**
- 1/2 tbl flaxseed meal
- ice (amount depends on if your banana is frozen)
- vanilla extract and cinnamon
- almond milk (or milk of choice) to help it all blend together

Throw it all in your blender and go to town!

* - I buy mine in an 8 pack at whole foods, but you can use a similar product from a larger jug (aim for about a cup of milk)

** - I used a 1/2 tbl - but use how much you want!

Enjoy!!
Media

13 thoughts on the matter:

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

Oh yum! That combo sounds good!

Kmcblackburn said... {Reply}

I love smoothies after working out too.

Masshole Mommy said... {Reply}

Oh my, oh my - this sounds SO good. Peanut butter & banana sandwiches are my all time favorite, but sadly now that I am getting a bit older, bananas give me some wicked heartburn, so I can't really eat them anymore. Sigh.

tinajo said... {Reply}

Yum, I love this combination of flavours! :-)

Leovi said... {Reply}

Bananas and chocolate, I love them both.

Deanna said... {Reply}

Oh yum, I am going to have to save your recipe. I love chocolate, bananas and PB...so what's not to love about this smoothie. Thanks for sharing.

Serendipityissweet said... {Reply}

I think this is the year of the smoothie! I keep seeing them everywhere :)

Thanks for the recipe!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Oh my that looks fabulous- and I have bananas I need to use. Thanks!

renae said... {Reply}

That looks super fun Tamar! Thank you.

Unknown said... {Reply}

thank you for this recipe!! i love smoothies, but always make fruit smoothies. i'm excited to try something different!

Unknown said... {Reply}

That looks so good! I have been looking for a good smoothie recipe. I will have to try this one!

Nancy said... {Reply}

Looks like a chocolate shake -- yummy!

Nicki said... {Reply}

I detect a Bullet mug - love those things and this looks very tasty.