Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pizza Bagels!

The folks are Udi's were beyond generous with what they sent me. The last goodie for me to test out were their everything bagels. I don't eat cream cheese so I decided to think outside the box and make pizza bagels! 
In the past, I have realized that pizza bagels get soggy if you just slather on the sauce and cheese before baking them.  So I decided to thaw the bagel out (gf goodies do best in the freezer) and then toasted it so it started to get cripsy.
Then I layered on my sauce and daiya cheese. I popped them in the toaster oven (set at 450ยบ) for about 10ish minutes. And man did it start to smell good!
These were amazing! I haven't had a pizza bagel in ages and ages and these were an excellent re-entry into the pizza bagel world.

The everything flavor was excellent, but not over powering. If anything they elevated a simple kid's lunch to a more adult dinner (yea, I have no idea haha).

Well done Udi's and thanks for all the goodies!!
Media

7 thoughts on the matter:

Simon said... {Reply}

Um...yum. I never thought to do bagels; I make the same on english muffins. That works too. Happy day.

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

I love your idea to start toasting first! I agree about the soggy bread when you put sauce on first. These look great!

Meg said... {Reply}

Yum!! I LOVE pizza bagels :) And on an everything bagel? That sounds really good.

Leovi said... {Reply}

Yes, I like that rich ....

renae said... {Reply}

Oh Tamar! Nicely done. I love that you paired them with broccoli. I have been eating more green lately and if I just cook the very tips of the broccoli I find I really like it. It isn't lunch time here yet, but I am hungry now.

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

YUM Tamar!!! My kids will love these.

Patrice said... {Reply}

This is a great idea, Tamar!