Monday, July 22, 2013

P52: 29 weeks around the sun

Is it January yet? This was a scorcher of a week! You know it's hot in Boston when the heat index is near 100 before 10 am!!

Thankfully, I was at the school most of the week in the a/c. I've been uber productive and it feels good to be ahead of the curve, although I do keep finding more things I need to do...

My aunt was in town and I got to go downtown and see her a few times this week, which was really nice. We had a nice supper out at Legal and it was great to catch up.

It may sound insane, but my favorite way to beat the heat, go to the gym where the a/c is nice and cool. Although, I found that it felt super hot in there too. Either way it was cooler than my apartment and I got some good work done.

By the end of the week I had the chance to skip town to a cooler climate. I was actually, anxiously, awaiting this opportunity all week and I cannot wait to share where I got to jet off to and why! (sorry for being cryptic, trust me the wait is worth it!)

***major update*** I can now say that this week ROCKED because my sister had her second baby!!! ANother little boy! He came a bit early, but is home and doing great!! So that is where I jetted off to, Oregon!! Welcome BBOG2!! stay tuned for tons of updates and pictures!!

Highlight of the week: getting to head west for some extra special family time because BBOG2 made his debut!!!!

Favorite teaching moment: using painter's tape and the tiles on the floor to make 3x3 squares for the kids to solve magic squares in a fun hands on way (totally using that this year in my class!)

Random-osity: apparently there was an amazing lighting show outside our plane on Thursday night. I slept though it. Glad to know I was actually asleep, but darn it, I missed it!
Also! I'm working on growing the blog's facebook page - won't you please join me over there as well? I post a sampling of the random things around me and would love to connect there (here) too!

Also, I feel super lame, I never (yes, never) used Google Reader, but know many of you did. So sorry for your loss! I am on bloglovin' here!

 The Details
* Post 1 photo or as many as you like each week on Mondays.
* The button or text link should be present in your post- but not absolutely necessary.
* Please visit some other blogs & leave some love & encouragement.
* Submit the URL of your blog post - not your home page.

Can’t wait to see all your photos each week as we venture through 2013!
Project 52
Kleinworth & Co.,Project 52, photo sharing, weekly Monday blog link up

15 thoughts on the matter:

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Great photos for this week! again!!!! Have fun on your trip!!

Nancy said... {Reply}

Gorgeous photos -- especially that building. Have an awesome week Tamar.

renae said... {Reply}

hi, I'll be back.

Pride In Photos Beauty said... {Reply}

Tamar, Is it that time already to prepare for school? WOW...summer is just speeding along? Can anyone please stop the clock?! The skyskraper image so beautiful!!! GListening.

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

I'm amazed that Boston is hotter than Atlanta. That just seems so backwards. Seems you are making the most of the days even though it is scorching. Hope you are enjoying the little guy!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

What a week! Congrats on the new baby!!! How exciting! Hope you are having fun in Oregon!!

I will go check you out on FB!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Awesome images this week my friend!!! Loving seeing your adventures through IG.

Adrienne said... {Reply}

Welcome baby!!! I looked early this morning at the blog...then off to work - now linking up, checked it again. I was all ...hmmm, was I that out of it this morning that I missed that cute baby?? Then I re-read - and got my answer! So much JOY!! Glad you were able to jet out there to meet him right away!

Deanna said... {Reply}

Oh goody, now you are are twosome auntie...how fun and I know your sister loved having you come for the introduction of the new little one. Stay cool, it's hot here too!!

Serendipityissweet said... {Reply}

Great pics! What an adorable baby!! Congrats to your family :)

renae said... {Reply}

When you got there the baby was already there? Wow! Glad you can be there and see him soon. Lucky.

Your photos of the sky and sun are amazing anyway, even if you missed the others. Enjoy your vaca.

Thanks for the comm on the shorts!!!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I was wondering why you were in oregon! congrats on the new baby!!

Kmcblackburn said... {Reply}

Congrats, congrats, congrats on the newest family member. Exciting times :)

tinajo said... {Reply}

Aww - another baby, that´s just wonderful! :-)

http://tinajoathome.com

packmom said... {Reply}

Loving that building shot. We had a super hot week too but at least its dry heat here. Congrats on the new nephew. He's super cute!