Saturday, August 10, 2013

PB and Banana Boat S'mores

Happy S'mores Day! Seriously, awesome day. Who doesn't love a good s'more? Even being dairy and gluten free, I can enjoy them! Yes, there are gluten-free graham crackers, but last summer I found an even more delicious type of idea and now it's my go to. 

Introducing the PB + Banana Boat S'more!
 One banana, sliced open - don't be defeated if you cut through, it's harder than it sounds!
 Slather some PB in there, I mean who doesn't like peanut butter and banana?
 Stuff the boat full of chocolate chips. I use mini ones because they fit in there better and b/c the dairy/soy/gluten free ones only come in mini....
 Then fill 'er up with mini-marshmallows.
 Make a little tin foil boat and either place it on the grill or in the oven - 5 to 10 minutes...
Voila! Amazing. I am convinced it's the peanut butter that takes this to a whole new level!
(pin or save this recipe!)
Now take a look at what everyone else cooked up!
I'm sharing this as part of our August Recipe Round-Up.  Want more S'Mores Recipes???

 Kleinworth & Co.,Recipe Round-Up, recipe sharing, monthly recipe sharing blog round-up, blog party


S'Mores Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Taylor House

S'Mores Martini from One Martini at a Time

Frozen Mocha S'Mores Overload from Kleinworth & Co.

Peanut Butter S'Mores Spread from In the Moment With



S'Mores Monkey Mix from Little by Little

S'Mores Cookies from Mostly Homemade Mom

Do you want to participate in future Recipe Round-Up's & join in on the fun??

email Gina at Kleinworth & Co (chichomeschoolmama{at}att{dot}net) for details.

9 thoughts on the matter:

Kim said... {Reply}

That looks and sounds amazing. Obviously, I love that flavor combination. ;) We will be trying this.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Oh my goodness do these look good! i've seen them before but never tried them. Must try!!

Simon said... {Reply}

Wowza. Super creative. This is ALMOST an itemt that would be reasonable for the nutritionists list of "yes Susan you can eat that". I'd have to lose the marshmallows, but I bet I could sneak the chocolate on.
Way cool. S'more on.

Jessica said... {Reply}

My kids would love these! Thanks for sharing.

Jessica
http://onemartiniatatime.com

Unknown said... {Reply}

Oh, you are so right, it is totally the peanut butter that takes this to another level! Great recipe Tamar!

Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats

Unknown said... {Reply}

Oh my word, this looks so good!! I need to try this with my kids. :)

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

YUM! I'm thinking I am going to do this on the bbq so I don't have to run the oven. Need to make this.

Unknown said... {Reply}

I've made something similar, but not with peanut butter....that would make it even better!

Unknown said... {Reply}

Oh my!! I have to try this. Yumm!!