Monday, November 11, 2013

P52: Week 45 around the sun

This was one of the most beautiful weeks in New England since I moved here! Every day the colors seemed more vivid and amazing, I found myself saying "oh wow!" around every corner as I drove to and from work. I just love that it's the second week of November and it's so gorgeous still!

It was a busy week at school. We started our social studies unit, pilgrims - fitting right? The kids are loving it so far and we're all stoked for our field trip to Plymouth Plantation this week! The highlight of the unit so far might have been when reading about the Mayflower's journey we read that even the children drank beer because the water was rancid. A child pipes up "whoa, that's not legal!" Out of the mouths of babes...

The latest gym challenge wrapped up this weekend, I barely did anything this time, but pulled off a top 10 finish, go figure! I also finally made an apple/pear crisp this week - makes my fall really complete now! Even better was enjoying it with friends over shabbat dinner! And seriously, 2.5 weeks out from Thanksgiving? How did that happen!?

Highlight of the week: A relaxing evening on the couch watching Monsters U. Sometimes it's nice to shut off the work email and really veg out at night.

Favorite teaching moment: watching my class read finish "publishing" their personal narratives - they put so much work into illustrating them and one kid even drew a price tag/bar code on the back of theirs!

Random-osity: I sent a tweet to a local radio dj Friday am - two minutes later I am in the car and I hear him read the tweet. The best part? He said my name right!
And! I am thinking of starting a weekly link-up in 2014. Just a chance to link up and share things going on in your life. Maybe with a focus like "The Good. The Random. The Fun" - what say you? Would you join me and link up/

 The Details
* Post 1 photo or as many as you like each week on Mondays.
* The button or text link should be present in your post- but not absolutely necessary.
* Please visit some other blogs & leave some love & encouragement.
* Submit the URL of your blog post - not your home page.

Can’t wait to see all your photos each week as we venture through 2013!
Project 52
Kleinworth & Co.,Project 52, photo sharing, weekly Monday blog link up

13 thoughts on the matter:

Nancy said... {Reply}

Love the point of view Tamar -- happy week to you!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

OH! MY!!! It is beautiful! Awesome teacher moment too. :) I love how you love your class.

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

Those leaves are stunning! So jealous! ;). I love what your student said about the beer. Gotta love legalism in the midst of survival. LOL! Have a great week!

Pride In Photos Beauty said... {Reply}

Yes I would join you as much as I could in 2014. Great idea...the pile of leaves on the bench...so yummy.

Nicki said... {Reply}

Just when I thought Autumn had sorta skipped us, it came back after a bout of rain and suddenly it was all "wow" and "oh my" and "ohh...awe!" These are great pictures and it sounds like you have a fabulous week ahead of you.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

The fall colors did seem extra stunning this past week!! I loved Monsters U! Apple pear crisp sounds so good!

Kmcblackburn said... {Reply}

Always looking for a new link up that inspires me! :)

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All our leaves are pretty much gone when the winds came. Now it's time for snow.

The new linky sounds fun! I'm sure there will be lots of changing & new starts for the new year :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

awesome about the dj reading your tweet! and great fall pictures!

renae said... {Reply}

Ok these are EXCELLENT!!! wow! I can't express how much I love these.

Baby Z got to go home today.... yes!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

LOVE that shot of the leaves on the bench most...

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing your New England fall colors. So pretty!

packmom said... {Reply}

Such amazing fall images and color. Love it!