Monday, December 9, 2013

P52: Week 49 around the sun

This week went by so quickly! And now it's December and the year is this close to being over...insane, I say. I just love this time of year, the festive air, the lights, the joy. Makes me want December to last longer!

Much of the week was spent celebrating the end of Chanukah, which is always fun at school. I went to my first alumni event for American this week. It was small and low key but made me feel like a real grown up, oy!

This weekend I drove home to NY and mom and I went to Poughkeepsie for a friend's bar mitzvah. It was fun to see some family friends and celebrate Aaron's big day! We also saw Catching Fire - super good! Makes me want to drop everything and reread the books!

Highlight of the week: Playing a fun game of "oh Mr. Fox what time is it" with the K-4 kids after the menorah lighting one afternoon. Nothing beats chasing a bunch of kids around a gym!

Favorite teaching moment: watching one child light up during the school wide "Chanukah engineering challenge" he was clearly in his element and it was so great to see

Random-osity: I went to NY for 2.5 days and took 4 pairs of shoes. That math just doesn't add up!
Also!
I have decided to start a link-up in 2014! It will be on Mondays and be called:
 "The Good. The Random. The Fun."
Come link up something good, random, or fun about your week, or all 3! I hope you'll join me!!

The Details
* Post 1 photo or as many as you like each week on Mondays.
* The button or text link should be present in your post- but not absolutely necessary.
* Please visit some other blogs & leave some love & encouragement.
* Submit the URL of your blog post - not your home page.

Can’t wait to see all your photos each week as we venture through 2013!
Project 52
Kleinworth & Co.,Project 52, photo sharing, weekly Monday blog link up

<!-- end LinkyTools script →

12 thoughts on the matter:

Unknown said... {Reply}

Lovely photos!!! The holidays are upon us!

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

What a beautifully sparkly week! I love this time of the year so much and it goes way too fast into the January blah! I just wish it would snow in December to top it all off. We've had rain for days and days. Still, loving this time! I'll be there for your new linky!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

don't you just love when you feel like a grown up? lol.

Stephanie said... {Reply}

Love the glow of the candles and the sparkly trees.

Kim Stevens said... {Reply}

I'm still LOL'ing about your days + shoes math! :) But hey, choices are good aren't they?

Another fun week, love the rows of lite trees!

Adrienne said... {Reply}

The lights are the BEST! I think it's the one thing that's getting me out of my pre-holiday slump. I told my husband I wanted to light candles next year for Chanukah. He just smiled at me! I'll show him! Love the linky idea! I'm in for sure!

renae said... {Reply}

Oh Tamar, I see the Bostonians won the AMAZING RACE! 'Boston Strong'! Thank you for your fun blog to brighten my day!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Yay! you going to keep on in 2014. . . I'm so happy. I love your posts they are so fun.

packmom said... {Reply}

Such beautiful white lit trees all in a row. Very pretty!

Pride In Photos Beauty said... {Reply}

Makes me sad I forgot your party this week...sigh. Just too much on my plate. Your photos are so nice of this holiday.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Such pretty photos of a special week!

Nicki said... {Reply}

I look forward to it (I'm running a few days behind on blog visits - sorry!). Beautiful light photos.