Thursday, January 14, 2016

Simon Pearce

I've always had a fondness for blown glass. So delicate, yet so intricate and beautiful.
Simon Pearce is a famous glassmaker known for amazing works of art and when I discovered the flagship factory and store was right by the Quechee Gorge I jumped at the chance to check out the shop.
The showroom is filled with such a variety of amazing pieces. Vases, platters, trinkets, cups, glasses, frames, you name it it's there. Going at the holidays made for an even more festive experience. A showroom that also serves as a museum!
The sights aren't simply inside, either! The shop sits on the river, and is powered by the waterfall! Made for a beautiful view inside and out.

Little by Little
And! Come link up and join the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday, right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Bekah said... {Reply}

Beautiful!!! I find glass work of all kinds to be so fascinating. There is a glass factory in Kokomo {Where Ryan works} that allows tours and perhaps now that I have the freedom in my schedule to do so, I can go see what it's all about!

One of my coworkers from the college makes jewelry and her dad is a glassblower, so my wedding necklace was a piece they had made. I just love it! I love how every piece is completely unique.

Unknown said... {Reply}

I remember as a kid watching a guy blow glass. It was fascinating to see a blob of hot glass turn into a work of art.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

looks like a cool place!

Unknown said... {Reply}

So beautiful!! I kove glass too!! <3

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

The building alone makes me swoon. I love places like that. For my first wedding my mother bought me a blown glass cake topper - there's a little place just outside of Knott's Berry Farm that has the most amazing pieces in there. When it got broken a year later- they were able to fix it for free. Not bad. It's amazing what they can do.

Jill Foley said... {Reply}

So beautiful and fascinating. There is a glass museum in Tacoma and we loved exploring and watching them work...

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Awesome place! I remember the waterfall too! Their stuff is gorgeous!

Mitzi said... {Reply}

Oh my goodness! How lucky are you to have visited such a fantastic place! You are certainly right, the view is pretty awesome outside too! It looks cold.

abrianna said... {Reply}

I too enjoy blown glass. We went last winter to a blown glass demonstration and it was wonderful. And of course the shop was great too. I took many photographs and have only shared a few so far.

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

There are some really lovely pieces shown here! I adore the top images of the corked bottles. So gorgeous!

Anonymous said... {Reply}

I love it when artists go beyond their art and it spills over into daily life, like the location of his house!

Ida said... {Reply}

Beautiful glass work. I'd need to be careful not to bump & break anything. Gorgeous waterfall outside as well.

Ohmydearests said... {Reply}

how wonderful! I'd be able to spend a looooong time there!