Thursday, June 9, 2016

Things my third graders say v. 14

kid 1: Ms. Benjamin - look a toyota that has oy but doesn't fit the rule!
kid 2: oh look a lamberageenie that doesn't fit the rule either!

kid: uhh ms... uh ma'am?
me: did you just call me ma'am?
kid: uhhh ms. benjama'am?

kid: i'm psychic i can read your mind
me: what do i have for lunch
kid: food.....what you know i'm right

me: it tasted soft like a...
kid 1: puppy!
kid 2: pillow!
kid 3: you eat pillows?
me: you eat puppies?!

me: trust me, i know what i'm doing
kid: eh


kid: how is it not spelled right?
me: bc it's missing a letter
kid: it's a silent e

me: silent not indivisible 
me: what is a word that ends in consonant+y
kid: BOOBY!

kid: confetti!!!!!!!!

kid: a lady is a thing?
me: a lady is a person
kid: oh so a lady is a noun!

kid: he was cheatering! 

me: did you guess?
kid: no!
me: how'd you solve it!
kid: ok, I guessed!


ms. brooks: i'm going to pretend i didn't hear that

me: oh i'm so glad I didn't hear that...
ms. brooks: use your strategies 
kid: i don't have any!!

me: please stop, that's a bit much
kid: and by that you mean a lot much?
me: exactly, so stop, please

me: please stop rapping what you read....

kid: oh man the 90s, they were great!
me: and you know because you were alive then?
kid: past life

me: what's black and white and lives in hawaii
kid: 7/8ths?

me: you had a great morning - what did you have for breakfast?
kid: nothing
me: please don't measure the banana, they're not straight
kid: wait, bananas can be gay?

me: remember, raise your hand!
kid: but it's tired

ms. brooks: don't death grip the pencil

kid: (after learning how to write a letter in script) I have to write my name like that!?

me: yes ma'am, eh-sir
kid: did you just call me ma'amster?

me: is phonics your favorite subject
kid: i'm not answering that, it's obvious! 
kid: you say water funny

me: what do we celebrate on the 4th of July
kid 1: fireworks
me: no
kid 2: july!

ms. brooks: girls no hashtags in your writing

kid: (looking at a map) did you get hungary and eat turkey with greece?

me: no you can't outsource your cursive

me: GET TO WORK!
kid: YES MA'AM!
That's a wrap on this year's quotes - they better not say anything cute in the next 4 days!! 

And! Come link up and join the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday, right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Yay, 4 more days!! These are always my favorite!! I love all the photos of their new seating arrangements too. They are so funny with their quotes!

Blogoratti said... {Reply}

That was a delightful read, you do have a handful of smart kids. Greetings!

Chere Mama said... {Reply}

These are so great. My favorite is the silent e conversation. Hope you have a wonderful summer.

Deanna said... {Reply}

Oh yes, kids say the funniest things. I am so glad you collect these gems.

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Love them!

Kim said... {Reply}

I don't know how you stand it! I'm thinking Boston's kids are just a cut above in the humor department.

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Lovely post Tamar, oh wow 4 more day! Mine have about 7 weeks left!!

Sunshine and Elephants said... {Reply}

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious! I love reading this and enjoyed a good laugh from it!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I love these! You must laugh so much!

Unknown said... {Reply}

Oh my gosh-these are hilarious!!! Kids really do say the darnedest things!!! Sometimes I just can't helping laughing out loud!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

These crack me up- not just for what they say, but I find it amazing that they can read while contorting themselves into those positions. :) Kids are funny.

Ida said... {Reply}

These are some of my favorite posts of yours. Being a teacher must be a fabulous job because you get "gems" like these to share!

Nicki said... {Reply}

These are fun.