Thursday, July 21, 2016

Boston Public Market

Sometime last year, a new market opened up downtown. It's a permanent indoor farmer's market of sorts with tons of local vendors selling everything from meats, to produce, to teas, to local wines, to baked goods, and more.
I took advantage of a summer afternoon to make my way down there to finally check it out and had a great time browsing the aisles. 
I love supporting local vendors and love how the city has made it easy for us Bostonians to buy local wares. I'm envious of those North Enders who live close enough and folks who work in Government Center who can whenever they so desire!
But, the highlight of my trip? The major allergen free cookie I bought from the dedicated gluten, dairy, nut, egg, and soy free bakery. It was tasty!

And! Come link up and join the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday, right here!

10 thoughts on the matter:

Sian said... {Reply}

I love it, its like I took a little walk about with you. Stunning shots!

4 Lettre Words said... {Reply}

We have the Ponce City Market here, now, but I don't think it has all of the retail items. That looks like so much fun!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

That place looks awesome! It reminds me a bit of Eataly in NYC. Umm..that cookie though!!

Unknown said... {Reply}

I wish our permanent farmers market was closer-this looks like a great place. I love how far GF products have come

Carol Blackburn said... {Reply}

Looks like such a great place. I bet it was full of wonderful smells too.

Mitzi said... {Reply}

Oh, what a wonderful little market! Those types of markets are so much fun to peruse.

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

So cool. They had something similar in Olympia- but it was far more expensive than our traditional farmers market here. A bag of apples cost me nearly $30. (they were huge- but still in WA- they are in abundance) Probably because of the space rent. But we sure loved going.

Jeanna said... {Reply}

Looks like a great space as well. All that and still tastes good, that is quite an accomplishment.

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Looks like a great market Tamar. Whoo that cookie does look yummy!!

Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop

betty-NZ said... {Reply}

I always enjoy local markets because you get to see what your neighbors are up to! You never know when one is making something you really need.