Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ordinary Moments

Just a day...
Just an ordinary day...
Just trying to get by...

{Vanessa Carlton -- Ordinary Day}

A few weeks ago the theme for 52 Frames was "Ordinary Moment" so I walked around Coolidge Corner one afternoon just shooting shots. 

Ordinary city life moments. 

Crossing the street. Waiting on the T. Shopping at Trader Joe's. Pumping Gas. 

But I saw so much more than ordinary moments. I saw amazing snippets of life. Even these simple mundane moments were special, to my eyes. 

My ordinary day looks different from friends in more suburban area and even different from those in bigger cities. It's not the same as a "soccer mom's" daily ordinary life and far from that of a person who is enjoying their retirement. 

It's made me embrace the ordinary for what it is now. What it is for me. Ordinary, but pretty awesome. 


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

12 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

Oh, but no days should be ordinary! Make them all special. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you back again.

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Wonderful photos! Every day is unique and most definitely not ordinary!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Love the black and white!

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Lovely pictures Tamar, they look great in black and white too :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I love this series in black and white. What a nice memory to look back on!

NCSue said... {Reply}

I think "waiting" would be another great title for these shots. Nice images, and so appropriate for B&W rendering!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/11/cana.html

Peabea Scribbles said... {Reply}

Looks like an interesting photography experience. Great photos. :)

Peabea @Peabea Scribbles visiting from Cross Country, Claire Justine

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Well done- I have always loved your street photography & putting it in B&W takes it from snapshot to art that hold you there.

Mitzi said... {Reply}

These are just great! Lovely street photography!

Sunshine and Elephants said... {Reply}

Your ordinary moments are special ones. Now you've got me wanting to snap pictures on my way to work, but I may get stopped my the cops for weaving in and out of my lane. Lol...

Carol Blackburn said... {Reply}

Really cool shots, Tamar. I love street photography. Unfortunately I don't get out enough and actually do it any more. Looks they were unknowingly participating in a "manniquin challenge." Enjoy your day.

Jill Foley said... {Reply}

I just love this series...