Thursday, August 17, 2017

New Digs

Welcome to my new home sweet home!
I am one of those odd folks who must unpack and be settled as soon as possible! It just makes it feel like home so quickly, especially after weeks of boxes everywhere; it felt good to get my things back!

Anyway...I hung this antique mirror in the entry hall. Great sneaky view into the dining area...
My old place had one small living area. My desk was always right on top of my couch and just felt cramped. It's so great to have space and an actual dining area now rather than the table shoved into a corner of the kitchen. 
There is just so much light. I love it! Just makes me (and the plants) so happy. Plus...the porch. I b-lined for Home Depot to get some color out there. I've gone out onto the patio every morning since I moved in and just taken a moment to appreciate where I am and how happy I am here.
My room feels so cozy. It's a tad bigger than my old room (with a ceiling fan!!) and has been a great place to wind down each night. 
This doesn't do the kitchen justice at all, but if you've ever seen pictures of my old kitchen (how it looked soon after I moved in 7 years ago) it is like I moved from a box to the Taj Mahal. Now I have tons of space, a dishwasher, pass through window, actual cabinets. Cannot wait to entertain from this space!
And there she is. 1.5 weeks in and I feel at home. I wasn't happy I had to move, but as Bubbe used to say...out of bad comes good!

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

16 thoughts on the matter:

aspiritofsimplicity said... {Reply}

Love it. Can't wait to come back to see more of it when I have more time. Please be careful if you are out and about in Boston this weekend. I think it may get a little crazy out there. I am hoping to be out early on Friday. There was a group gathered in Marblehead the other night to speak out against the hatred and violence and that is where I took a stand.

Tom said... {Reply}

...I dig it!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

So pretty! There is lots of light which is so important! I, too, have to unpack as quickly as possible. Whenever we have moved, I am completely unpacked within the week!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Oh wow, you have done great getting it all organised so quickly Tamar. Love it. It looks great :) Thanks for hosting.

Unknown said... {Reply}

It looks beatiful! Thanks for hosting and enjoy the new home

Bekah said... {Reply}

There aren't enough like and love buttons in the world! This is BEAUTIFUL. And oh my goodness. Photographer you will eat up that natural light! So beautiful! I'm so, so happy for you!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

That is awesome. I love all the space- looks like you have a decent amount to spread out now. Swooning over that rug in the living room- LOVE!! So glad you are settled now. We are like that too. Everything unpacked within a couple days & fine tune from there. It just feels good to get boxes out of the house.

Taz + Belly said... {Reply}

It's so beautiful!! I love all the natural light and you are really going to enjoy that balcony.

Snap said... {Reply}

Wonderful! Love all the light and your happy plants. I see many happy days in your future! Happy Thursday!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said... {Reply}

I like your new place - light and bright and you seem to have more room. Enjoy!

Mitzi said... {Reply}

Oh I absolutely love it! All that light! Beautiful!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Your new place looks lovely. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Your new apartment is wonderful, Tamar! Enjoy it!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Your new place is so bright and spacious! I love it!!

Klara S said... {Reply}

Your place is wonderful! I love it!
Thank you for hosting.

Molly said... {Reply}

It looks absolutely lovely. I think that is a space I could be very happy in

Mollyx