Monday, September 25, 2017

The Good. The Random. The Fun. v. 39

The Good:
A tradition on Rosh Hashana is to eat fruits you've never tried before or haven't had in the past year. This year I picked up a fresh papaya and dried goji berries. I'd never tried plain gojis and actually really enjoyed them! Papaya...well the verdict is still out.

The Random:
In the latest edition of "seen on my runs" - random rhino statue over by the Fens...

The Fun:
I did two runs in NY over the holiday/weekend. With some serious mileage to cover (7ish and 10ish miles each) I ended up at the Kensico Dam both times. A lovely spot in the county, it was fun to get there by foot along the pretty Bronx River Pathway.


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Lovely photos Tamar. Thanks for hosting.

Tom said... {Reply}

...that rhino has a face that only a mother could love.

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Shana Tova! Serious question... do you go running with your camera?

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Happy New Year!! You did a lot of running on your break. That rhino is adorable. I'm not sure about papaya either.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

I'm back from a few weeks in Italy! Happy New Year--good health and happiness to you and your family.

Wonder what the significance of that rhino is? I don't like papaya either..lol

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

The fruit and the rhino look lovely. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

We had papaya too. It was ok but the seeds were bitter!

Jeanna said... {Reply}

You sure had healthier random fun than I did. I had no idea that's what goji berries looked like. Not sure what to do with a papaya, maybe put it in a salad? The photos are appetizing.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

I LOVE the rhino....

Unknown said... {Reply}

I know how you feel about papaya-I’ve never tried goji berries-I wouldn’t say no if someone offered! Love what u see on your runs! What a great way to see the city

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

I'm not a great fan of papayas. I love goji berries, though, but I've only ever had them in Chinese soup. Growing up, I was encouraged to eat lots of them to have good eyesight. Haha!

packmom said... {Reply}

Love the plates your new fruits are on. Makes for great pictures. How cool to make it on foot to that dam. It looks pretty amazing and I bet was rewarding to see in the end.

betty-NZ said... {Reply}

I am willing to try new stuff now and then; I have discovered some awesome new fruits since I got to New Zealand. Lovely photos, the rhino is quite interesting.