Thursday, January 18, 2018

Things My Third Graders Say v. 21

kid: ugh I can't do it
me: have a growth mindset
kid: ugh can i have a fixed mindset if I use my thinking bubble about it?

kid: the book is saying random stuff
me: oh it talks to you?
kid: not what i meant and you know that

me: a brook is a small river 
kid: wait my sister is named for a river? i thought she was named for my uncle

kid: (randomly singing) hot potato hot potato
me: oh no no no no wiggles
kid: why
me: this is a wiggles free classroom
kid: not true we have flexible seating for our wiggles

kid: jumping in leaves in the best
me: that was a great part of being a kid
kid: you can still do that if you want, there are no rules around leaf pile jumping
kid: i bet i could climb into the tuba and fit
music teacher: please...don't try that...just no

me: which continent is the most southern
kid: antafrica!

kid: way to kill the vibe 

kid: i can't...my cat...
me: don't blame the cat, do your work

kid: i'm part canadian and part boston
kid: can i run to the bathroom...well nor run but...

kid: does anyone live on Antarctica?
me: scientists do, I know someone who spends time there
kid: well i meant like a real person, not a scientist...

kid: ok so 11, 12, 18
me: ummm try again

me: oops here there was a hundred loose
kid: who let the 100 out 100 100 100!

kid: uch i'm not good at social studies
me: that's not a good attitude
kid: no it's just that it's just so much stuff to fit in my brain! 
me: a right angle is always 90ยบ
kid 1: how do you know this stuff!?
kid 2: she learned it in college, duh!
kid 1: so we're learning it now because we're really smart?

kid 1: in a thousand years when the big asteroid destroys the earth...
kid 2: ugh let's hope the scientists are wrong on that one!

kid 1: i have horseback riding tonight
kid 2: i rode a camel once
kid 1: and your point?

kid: ugh I can't remember i have a bad memory
me: oh that's not true
kid: uhhh what are we talking about....see what i did there
me: nice try

me: "she got the stuffing kicked out of her"
kid: so she is a dead teddy bear now? 
kid: oh speaking of getting ready for lunch...i have a yo momma joke
me: what...no

me: you have to show all your work 
kid: what do you mean? do you not see my work there...

kid: she made a huge rhombus made of little rhombuseses
me: let the wild rhombus rumpus start?
kid: you ok there?

kid 3: how spudtific...no splepisific...no ugh...
me: i can't say that word either i get it
kid 2: i think you both need to be more specific 
us: yes, that!

kid 1: i had pita and himmis for lunch
kid 2: oo i've never tried that before!
me: he meant hummus
kid 2: eh that's old news 
kid: i just wrote that it needs...
me: fireworks
kid: that was unexpected who are you us?

me: that's interesting logic there
kid: it's kid logic...it's slightly scientific 

kid: can i say this isn't a polygon because it looks like pacman?
me: if you explain why pacman isn't a polygon then yes

kid 1: what's your landform?
kid 2: an isthmus
kid 1: that's a holiday
kid 2: isthmus not christmas!

kid: whoa how is it dismissal time
me: time flies when you're having fun!
kid: whoa whoa let's not go that far

kid 1: ms benjamin you should be proud of me
me: why 
kid 2: isn't it your job to be proud of us without asking why


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...as Art Linkletter said 'kids say the darndest things.'

aspiritofsimplicity said... {Reply}

One of my favorite parts of working with children is laughing at the things they say and do. They are so funny!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Isn't it your job to be proud of us without asking why! HAHAHAHA! So many funnies in this post. Thanks for sharing. Kids are hilarious.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

They say the cutest things! These had me laughing as usual!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

These are always so funny! Hummus is such old news!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Ahhh- the tuba - too funny!!!!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So, very cute. Makes me think about teaching the younger crowd. I teach high school kids who are in the system and I can't print what they say but I do learn some interesting things.

Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said... {Reply}

yes there are no rules about leaf pile jumping... love that

Lea said... {Reply}

I am sure that all the dogs that did not eat the homework are glad the true culprits - the cats - have been found!

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Aww, kids say the best things, don't they :) Thanks for hosting Tamar.

Ida said... {Reply}

These are some of the posts that make me laugh. Your kids are great!