Monday, May 21, 2018

The Good. The Random. The Fun. v. 20

The Good:
We had an insane thunder and lightning storm on Tuesday night. Two hours of booming and lightning strikes right over us while the rain poured down. Then suddenly it was over and this was the sight to be seen!

Randoms:
My run club coach challenged us to find our first instagram posts and share them. My first @tsbrunsfree post was nearly two years ago after my first half marathon training run. My first @tamarsb photo was of my great-great uncle Max's tombstone...? But the same day I posted one of my favorite Brookline alleyways. My IGs have come a long way on that account!

The Fun:
We began our final math unit of the year. It is quick, but one of my favorites to teach...fractions! So many fun ways to have the kiddos engaging with the concepts.



   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

15 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

What a wonderful rainbow photo! Just hot weather here now.
I wouldn't like to learn fractions again, never mind teach them, lol!

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

What a beautiful shot of the rainbow Tamar :) Thanks for hosting.

Vanity And Me said... {Reply}

Love a good thunderstorm! x

Tom said... {Reply}

...no rainbows without rain!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

We got that storm too--and a double rainbow! That's awesome about your running i/g account. I love fractions!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Tamar, this is one of my favorite posts! I love the good shot! Does it really get any more awe inspiring than that? And fractions! My 1st grader is obsessed with fractions and the whole idea of any abstract math concepts, too. It is very cool to watch.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

I love those rainbows that come after a good thunderstorm - beautiful!

Jodie's Touch of Style said... {Reply}

Rainbows are always my favorite---it's such a spectacular sight!!
XOXO
Jodie
www.jtouchofstyle.com

Klara S said... {Reply}

Lovely picture of the rainbow.
Thank you for hosting.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

I heard about your storm! Pretty rainbow!

I would not know how to go back to the beginning of my Instagram! Phones and photography have improved since then!

Congratulations to your students grasping fractions!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Beautiful pics. Looks like you are doing a good job in teaching fractions. That makes my job easier when they get to high school level. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Don't you just love rainbows!!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I love the rainbow!

packmom said... {Reply}

Beautiful rainbow!

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

Always a wow moment with rainbows!