Thursday, March 14, 2019

Things My Third Graders Say v. 26

kid: do you know clue
me: it was colonel mustard in the library with the candlestick
kid: ummmmmmm sure

kid: i so should have had coffee this morning

me: muchos gracias
kid: you can speak dora

kid: is there anyone famous in this gravery
me: cemetery
kid: no gravery...they're called graves not cemets
kid: this sounds like medieval music
me: well it's the middle earth soundtrack
kid: they get sirius down there?

kid 1: doesn't terrific mean terrified
kid 2: who thinks it's terrific to be scared out of their mind!

kid: you snooze you lose
me: are you trash taking with phonics words
kid: you know it!

kid: is new jersey a real place
me: which word means full of wonder
kid 1: splenda
me: that's full of sugar
kid 2: fake sugar

kid 1: what's the keyboard shortcut again
kid 2: control paste
kid 1: what's the paste key!?

kid: that capital of indiana is indiana-opolis

me: what's the opposite of new
kid: dead!
me: no...well...yes...but i was looking for old
kid: kfc means kosher fried chicken

kid: can i get some water
me: when you finish your work
kid: man that's harsh
me: woman...
kid: woman that's harsh

kid 1: whine and wine are homophones
kid 2: our book left them out because we're not 21 
kid 1: yet

kid: we have a big crisis
me: oh no what
kid: do you even watch the news....
me: you aren't wrong...
kid: can i say "do i have to"
me: that's not a complete thought
kid: "do i have to write a complete thought" -- happy now?

me: publicly means you'll be seen
kid: not in wyoming there is no one there

kid: ugh another senior moment

kid: where does your banana live
me: it has a short term lease in its peel
kid: stop ruining jokes!
   
   
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

16 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

I know a lot of people who would like kfc to mean kosher fried chicken!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Always great for a laugh, aren’t they?! I can’t even choose a favorite this time, they are all hilarious! By the way, my 5 year old had a daring contest with his friend in school...who could say the baddest bad word...my kid won by dropping the F bomb. In kindergarten! I don’t know if I should laugh or cry!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

These always make me laugh! KFC! Too funny!! They must love having you as their teacher!

Bekah said... {Reply}

This has been a rough, rough morning, and I so desperately needed a laugh. THANK YOU!!! Gravery and Splenda were my favorites. :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Haha, awesome. Love the kosher fried chicken. Yes please!

Tom said... {Reply}

...KFC made me laugh!

Taz + Belly said... {Reply}

These are always my favorite posts!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Kids say the darndest things! Is NJ a real place?

Ida said... {Reply}

These were so good. Loved several of them. The one about a "gravery", the Medieval Music and the Complete Thought were my favorites.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So funny, thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Suchot - The Curious Frugal said... {Reply}

"You can speak Dora" - lol!!!

Klara S said... {Reply}

I always laugh when I read stuff your pupils say. :):):)
Thank you for hosting.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

So funny to read all these comments! I think there are a few people living in Wyoming...lol!

Joanne said... {Reply}

Too funny! I just love this series.

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

my fave posts! I love gravery...now that's thinking! And I've been to NJ and believe me, it's real. Something. Real something. And so is WY near where we live now. Homophones and not 21, so funny. speaking of news I don't watch because I want to not live in panic.
LeeAnna

betty-NZ said... {Reply}

Oh, my, what a fabulous age with their creativity and thought processes!!! Thanks for the laughs!