Thursday, May 9, 2019

Providence Half

I ran my 6th half on Sunday! I drove down to Providence to tackle 13.1 once again. After a pretty germy half in March (the flu struck at mile 3) my only goal for this race was to have fun and be healthy!
Naturally, it was rainy, but I think my best runs are in the rain so I just embrace it now! I saw some friends before the start and just enjoyed the pre-race atmosphere. I am really proud of how out of my head I stayed. I just took this as another long run but with a medal at the end.

I ran a solid race too! Despite a few steep hills I stayed steady and smiled the whole way. The course was beautiful and the rain wasn't bad at all. Around mile 11.5 I realized I was running next to one of my sports med doctors. He kept me consistent and strong through the finish line and I only picked his brain about my leg a little bit.

I couldn't have asked for a better race and am already excited for the next few races!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

16 thoughts on the matter:

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Oh, Hooray! Congratulations on a great accomplishment!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said... {Reply}

Congratulations on a great run!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Tamar, I love how happy you look in your running photos! You can totally see how much joy it brings you. Congrats on a great run!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Tom said... {Reply}

...having fun and being healthy is the key!

Joanne said... {Reply}

I just love how happy you look! Such a big smile on your face in all these photos.

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Congrats on your Providence half! My sister lives in Providence, so I came up and did the full a few years ago. I would love to do the half. The year I did it, it was WINDY! The part down my the water was crazy! You look like you had fun even in the rain!

Kippi O'Hern said... {Reply}

Thank you so much for hosting the party.
Happy spring, Kippi

Mary K. said... {Reply}

Yay! Congratulations on your run and for embracing the rain. Sometimes we have a great time with good results when we don't put pressure on ourselves.

Grace Liang said... {Reply}

Congrats on your accomplishments!!! That is so exciting!

Please stop by at www.colorandgrace.com every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for linkup parties! Hope to see you there!

Grace Liang

www.colorandgrace.com 

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

congrats on running strong. I love Providence and Newport!
your commemeerative medal is gorgeous

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Great job. So very cool. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Suchot said... {Reply}

Congrats! You looked like you were having fun out there :)

Klara S said... {Reply}

WOW! Another half marathon. Congrats.
Thank you for hosting.

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

Well done! Go girl!
Bless you,
Jennifer

Ewa said... {Reply}

Wow! Well done!

Thanks for hosting another party :) I submitted 2 links.

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Congrats Tamar. You are so inspiring. I want to run a half again :)