Thursday, May 16, 2019

Things My Third Graders Say v. 27

kid 1: 30 more minutes
kid 2: how do you know
kid 1: i can tell clock

kid: how many legs do elephants have
me: ....
kid: is it 4...or 6
me: please tell me you're joking

me: what's your dog's name
kid: turbo
me: that's a great dog name
kid: not if all he does is sit in a chair all day long

me: what does that say
kid: 21...in minion language
me: try again
kid: how do you spell bananas
me: (singing) b-a-n-a-n-a-s ain't no holler back...
kid: what is wrong with you

kid: i can speak irish
me: oh really
kid: aye aye....see
me: that's pirate-ish

me: whose shoe
kid: not mine it's too small
me: thanks goldilocks
kid: don't you mean cinderella

kid 1: why did you go to lost vegas
kid 2: it's not lost it's las
kid 3: well people do lose things in vegas
kid 2: like money
kid 3: and clothes
me: gentle
kid: (writes) gentile
me: no...that's a non-jew
kid: oooo that's why i hear that word a lot

kid 1: what's a pop quiz
kid 2: it's a quiz that just...pops...up
kid 1: out of the air...?
kid 2: no out of the copier

me: you'd invent a shark person
kid: slash...shark slash person
me: really
kid: it'll be great

kid 1: i'm going to use reverse reverse psychology
kid 2: isn't that just psychology
me: this year is flying by
kid: years don't have wings

kid 1: it didn't say his name
kid 2: it did if you read it you'd know
kid 1: i read it in my head
kid 2: how'd that work for you

me: how about...
kid: your momma
me: just no

kid 1: i killed my ankle
kid 2: did you sit shiva
me: were you super-focused or goofing off
kid: i was super-focused on goofing off
me: thanks for your honesty

kid: i'm gonna open a wood store called shoulda-wooda-coulda
me: ouch
kid: only if you get a splinter

me: what did you write....?
kid: it's in hindi
me: ..... why did you write in hindi?
kid: it's what the native americans spoke
me: no, it's what the people in india speak....
kid: oooo that makes more sense


me: take the hotdogs out of your pockets
kid: i'm saving them for later
me: no really...no lunch meat in your pockets 




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

18 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Turbo sounds a little lazy!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

“No lunch meat in your pockets”! Lol!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Tom said... {Reply}

...when I went to school we sat at desks in rows!

Joanne said... {Reply}

Oh my goodness; these always crack me up!

Mary K. said... {Reply}

Hah! You have very smart kids in your class and wise guys as well!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

"No lunch meat in your pocket..."
The things we catch ourselves saying when we're with kids!!!

Bekah said... {Reply}

MY FAVORITE POSTS!! OH I laughed so hard...thank you for this!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

LOL. I love them.

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

I love when you do these kids posts! You can't make this stuff up!
Leeanna

Grace Liang said... {Reply}

This post made me laugh so hard. Got to love them!

Please stop by at www.colorandgrace.com every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for linkup parties! Hope to see you there!

Grace Liang

www.colorandgrace.com 

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

You should write a book...

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very cute. Thanks for sharing them. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

Thanks for the laugh and smile today! Love it! Have a great weekend.

Klara S said... {Reply}

The dialogue about psychology is the best! :))::):)
Thank you for hosting.

Clair Justine said... {Reply}

Happy Thursday Tamar :) Thanks for hosting. Hehe, I can just imagine the kids saying some of these things now. Thanks for hosting.

Suchot - The Curious Frugal said... {Reply}

I love this series so much! Kids are so funny. Do they make you laugh every day?

Michelle said... {Reply}

Kids are so funny. They are often pretty logical, but working with significantly less information, resulting in amusing conversation.

betty-NZ said... {Reply}

What great quips! They are kid gold! I'm so glad you share them with us!