Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Independence Celebrations

This land is your land This land is my land...
This land was made for you and Me...

{Arlo Guthrie - This Land Is Your Land}

I haven't been in Boston and able to fully celebrate in years! So I took full advantage of all the traditions that made Independence Day in Boston the best. 

My favorite part of the holiday is going to the Esplanade and Hatch Shell to hear the Boston Pop's concert. Each year the Pops play along with several big-name artists, then the Pops play a patriotic sing-along, and the 1812 Overture (with cannons!), and Stars and Stripes Forever. 

The trick is to go on July 3rd for their rehearsal and it's everything but the fireworks and smaller crowds! A bunch of friends and I went and had a great spot on the oval. This year's show was fantastic! Queen Latifah, Arlo Guthrie, Texas Tenors, and of course Keith Lockhart and the Pops. We all had a great time relaxing and listening and bringing in America's birthday.

Actual July 4th I had a relaxing day (yay no camp!). Hit the pool, read a ton, and then made my way to the BU Bridge to take in fireworks. For sure my favorite part of the holiday and I haven't seen them in person in way too long!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

10 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...a fabulous colorful day!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Wow that sounds so fun! Great tip about going to the rehearsal. We saw lots of signs for the Pops when we were picking up our daughter!

Bekah said... {Reply}

This looks SO fun!! Many years ago, I went to a fireworks display that had a symphony before it began. I adored it.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

That sounds like a bigger version of the show we saw our symphony do here on Memorial Day! Great fireworks pictures!

Grace Liang said... {Reply}

Great photos and I love the red-white and blue shoes... sooo cute!!! I hope you had a great holiday.
Please stop by at www.colorandgrace.com every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for linkup parties!

Hope to see you there!
Grace Liang
www.colorandgrace.com

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

Oh my gosh! We were there too! I was on the left side of the Hatch towards the back of the grass city under the trees with my kids. Of course though I didn't see you, but that would have been so much fun. It was so wonderful!

Jill Foley said... {Reply}

I really love the photo of the shoes!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very cool. What a great time.

Sylvia Graceforagypsy.com said... {Reply}

Thank you for hosting! This week I am linking up 10 AMAZING SEASHELL CRAFTS and 4 WAYS TO CLEAN YOUR SHELLS and a GATHERING OF FRIENDS LINK PARTY 2

Your photos are amazing, and I especially like the shoes! Happy Independence Day to you!

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

Looks li8ke you celebrated in grand style! ps - I love the shoes :)