Thursday, January 30, 2020

Things My Third Graders say v. 30

kid: a baguette pizza is a...bagizza...a bagapizza...a baguizza?

kid 1: your teacher isn't sour
kid 2: no...she's salty!

me: i used to have a computer game called kosher baseball
kid: kosher baseball...do you use a challah and apple?

me: coffee is the necter of the gods
kid: no that's apple juice

me: what are the 7 continents 
kid: a, e, i, o, u
me: continents not consonants 

kid: what country is montana in
me: ours 
kid: what country is that
kid: no you need to do 3
me: are you in charge
kid: um yes
kid: i am thankful for clothes...without them i'd be walking around in my birthday suit

me: what are you thankful for
kid: ketchup

kid: i never learned this
me: we just did it
kid: i have a thing....what's it called
me: i can see that

kid: i can't remember because of my hippopotamus 
me: you mean hippocampus
kid: see mine is just broken 
kid: how many days of school are there 
me: around 170
kid: that's as old as my grandmother

kid: see i did it....well some of it
me: close enough for government work 
kid: hey i work way better than the government
me: you're right, i'm sorry

kid: how do you milk a goat

me: can we not lay on the ground like that please
kid: i am a floor potato

kid: she has asthma for giggling....she has ghasthma
kid 2: she needs her giggle-haler 
kid: i forgot my homework oh and i lost it
me: which came first

kid: you need to do things very paficifically
me: specifically
kid: hey i tried give me some credit

me: your dad has seen the world
kid: well i've seen san fransisco

kid: do we have to write in canibel talk?
me: cave man talk works too

me: can we change the topic
kid: but we have a topic now we need important details!
me: can you be neater
kid: neater? never!

kid 1: there is a thing called a snow hurricane
kid 2: i love you to death but there is no....wait i don't love you to death...anyway no such thing

me: do you know of other tall animals
kid: well if they're on stilts

me: can you name this angle
kid 1: winston
kid 2: no no he is more of a bob
me: right angle works too

kid: did the civil rights movement cause the civil war
me: not quite
kid: history is confusing



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

14 thoughts on the matter:

Joanne said... {Reply}

Such a fun part of the job! These are great... "Bob".. my kids did that with naming triangles too.

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Definitely my favorite category of posts that you do!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

I always love these posts! The naming triangles is absolutely fantastic! It reminded me of my sons’ friend, Emma. We gave her a little tiny plant when she wasn’t feeling well...she named it Gordon and I died laughing. She still nurtures that little plant! Kids are so great!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I was laughing at the I have a thing...what's it called? My nephew once kept asking what things meant and I said "you don't have a very good vocabulary" and he said "what's vocabulary?"
Also, the other night I overheard this one:
kid, introducing a friend to her previous year's teacher: This is my old teacher.
teacher: did you just call me old?
kid: well aren't you like in your 40s?
(and this teacher has been a teacher for over 30 years, so...)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

These are the BEST!! I'm a floor potato!

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

I too am thankful for ketchup. Even our pres doesn't know where Colorado is, or the real name for Missouri so thank you for teaching the kids!

Tom said... {Reply}

...ah,out of the mouths of babes.

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Thanks for sharing these

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

You must have a good system to keep track of these hilarious sayings. I'm glad you share them! Kids crack me up.

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

I love your kid sayings. They make me miss school!

Bekah said... {Reply}

YAY!!! I love these posts!! Oh these cracked me up! I love it that ALL your classes are funny!!! Not a single one has disappointed.

Shiju Sugunan said... {Reply}

Loved reading and laughing at the profundities :))

Natasha said... {Reply}

Bekah shared this on her "Saturday Six" and my son has now adopted the phrase "floor potato." Also being Jewish AND loving baseball, the challah and apple kosher baseball was also particularly funny :) Thanks for sharing these.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

I always enjoy this. Thanks for sharing it.