Thursday, April 30, 2020

Things My Students Say v. 31

kid: what's this shape
me: think of an animal with 8 legs
kid: spider
me: no..well yes...but
kid: ooo spideragon!
me: no....

kid 1: i have a pet chicken
kid 2: i like to eat a lot of chicken
kid 1: you can't come over to play
kid 2: i won't eat your chicken, i promise

kid: if you eat children are you a cannonball
me: no, a cannibal 
kid: can a cannonball be a cannibal

kid: i learned the meaning of life in kindergarten
me: mr w taught you that...
kid: yeah in his sight word sentences

kid: are these hippopotamuses
me: that's a buffalo....
kid: what's the abbreviation for misery 
me: it's missouri 
kid: that's too long to be an abbreviation

kid: i want to buy clothes for my hampster
me: how do you dress a hampster
kid: carefully...

kid: dad took me to school today
me: that's cool why
kid: mom went to work...which really means the gym to work out

kid: which one is a scallion triangle 
me: scalene 
kid: exactly 

kid: there is a neighbor in my hood
kid 1: you're being shellfish
kid 2: ms. benjamin he said i was unkosher

me: how about the word....
kid: banana
me: not what i was going for

me: what's the captial of indiana
kid: indilaplolis
me: close enough

kid: this is more mathamaticicing than other things we do

kid: what's a female sheep
kid 2: a moose
me: no

me: what's a fundraiser
kid: something that raises large amounts of fun
kid: isn't phonics an animal
me: that's a phoenix

kid: i need a sharper pencil, it'll help me think

kid: i'm a glockenspiel

kid: there's a rollar coaster at the american museum of malls
me: you mean the mall of america
kid: that doesn't sound right either

kid: what's the electoral college...is that grades for colleges?

me: who knows what an alibi is
kid 1: it's like a song
kid 2: no that's a lullaby 
kid 1: is tik tok a word
kid 2: no it's an app
me: and it's not a word
kid 2: it's 2 words

me: name a drink that starts with l
kid 1: lemonade
kid 2: latte
kid 3: liquor
me: and we're done

me: what's an animal that begins with a w
kid: willy goat
me: so close

kid: why did the toilet paper cross the road
me: to get to the other side of the pandemic
kid: too soon

me: what's a store that starts with l
boy: Louis Vitton!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


15 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Love the chicken one! I am sure you miss the kids a lot.

Tom said... {Reply}

...thanks for the chuckles.

aspiritofsimplicity said... {Reply}

They are so funny. I’m always amazed at how quickly they think and the way their minds come up with new pathways. I miss my little toddlers so much.

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Definitely my favorite category of posts!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Tamar, these are always my favorite category of posts, too! I love the toilet paper joke! Haha. Too soon. So funny!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I like your toilet paper joke. Simon was obsessed with glockenspiels last year. The female sheep made me lol. And Zachary calls Missouri misery all the time.

Bekah said... {Reply}

As always - laughed right out loud!! (Almost spit coffee once! Don't drink while reading these posts!!) Thank you for this today!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

These are my favorites too! Thank you for brightening my morning!

Natasha said... {Reply}

These are hilarious!!!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Those are so funny. Thanks for sharing them.

Lucy said... {Reply}

These are soo good! Happy you shared these- made my day!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Every time you do one of these posts, I realize how much I miss teaching! :)

Joanne said... {Reply}

I always love these posts!

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Funny stuff! Thanks!

Suchot said... {Reply}

Love these! And your comments are just as funny as the kids'!