Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Kiku

The NYBG reopened the conservatory, with very very spaced out tickets, and their annual blooming of the kiku, trained Japanese chrysanthemums was the first big display. It takes almost a full year to create these masterpieces! 
The flowers are coaxed to grow in various types of displays: ogiku (single stem), kengai (cascade), and ozukuri (thousand bloom). I just love the colors mums come in; the rich fall colors warm up the scenery! 
 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

9 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...I remember a yearly mum show here is town, but not Kiku.

Natasha said... {Reply}

I've only been the the NYBG once but I really want to go in different seasons. It seems like there's always something spectacular happening there.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

These are so pretty!!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Flowers are very uplifting in these times for some reason (for me anyway)

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Those are so beautiful and lovely. Thanks for sharing these uplifting photos.

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

gorgeousness! So beautiful. I wish I could see it. Stay safe and enjoy yor week and thank you again for the link up.

Arun Goyal said... {Reply}

What a lovely collection of mums ! Mums are colorful and best part stays blooming for a month and more .I am still awaiting for their blooms.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to gardening where you can share about plants and flowers here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/11/bees-and-butterflies-on-flower.html

Trekking with Becky said... {Reply}

Beautiful blooms! :)

Bekah said... {Reply}

So, so pretty! Our mums are hanging onto their color and blooms for now, but we did have a really hard frost this morning, so it may be wrapping up!