Thursday, May 20, 2021

MOMA: Calder

MOMA currently has a wonderful Calder exhibit. One of my favorite sculpture artists, almost all of the works on display are from the museum's private collection and are an interesting mix of his early large-scale pieces, wire creations, and drawings. They even had two pieces in the museum garden!
His work is really extraordinary. To think that this was all created from his imagination - it also feels so forward for his time. Simple but statements. A great look into the mind of a genius! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

15 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

You are seeing some wonderful exhibitions lately!

Tom said... {Reply}

..Calde was a visionary!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

NYC is edging up to the top of my bucket list!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Oh wow, really cool, Tamar! I was am not familiar with this sculptor but his work looks really amazing. I love the wire head!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I love the MOMA. Very cool!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

I have always loved the simple elegant sculptures of Calder. His mobiles are beautiful!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

I'm also a fan of Calder's work! I had a membership to MOMA when I lived in NYC and visited often

Lucy said... {Reply}

You always share such great exhibitions with us! Thanks for that- as here things will only open up gradually by the of the month. So I've been living through your art posts!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Ooh this looks like a great one to see!

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Yes, a wonderful artist!

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said... {Reply}

Calder is one of my fave artists. I was lucky to be exposed to his work in person in NYC when a young teen. So inspiring, unleashed a lot of creativity in me.

Bekah said... {Reply}

Beautiful! I think the second one is my favorite!

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

I've seen this exhibit many years ago, and have loved Calder since I first was introduced to him in the (ahem) 50s. What wonderful use of balance, space, forms, air!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

I just posted the Calder-Picasso exhibit that I saw last week at deYoung Museum in San Francisco. Calder was amazing. Great exhibit there.

Natasha said... {Reply}

I like the simplicity of his work. I also love all the museum photos you've been posting lately!