Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Rising Up

NYC was hit hard by COVID, not just in actual cases, but all aspects of this city. The streets were ghost towns, businesses shuttered, restaurants closed. Buses and subways stopped running 24/7, and offices were left abandoned as people worked from home. But...as vaccinations increase and numbers continue to hit record low numbers, this city is re-emerging and it's amazing.  
This isn't to say that COVID didn't leave a lasting and deep scar on this city. Many places will never reopen, scores and scores lost their lives. But, NYers are tough and are determined to create a new chapter in the new normal. I spotted some murals in SOHO that summed all of this up perfectly. 
Undefeated.
Bringing light.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

12 thoughts on the matter:

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

I love street art! I am here in Germany and when I first got here the city was dead and then a few days later they changed the rules and the city exploded with life.

Natasha said... {Reply}

Those murals are amazing and I can't wait to see Canada rise up again too. We're getting there, but yes, as you said, Covid will definitely leave scars.

Tom said... {Reply}

...these are great and New York State has the lowest new infection rate in the country.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Love the murals.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

I love all of the murals and NYC!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Enjoy the city again....

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Such a beautiful post. They lifted most of the restrictions here in the San Francisco Bay Area today. It is nice to see the cities and towns opening up.

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

I love street art and these are an amazing comment on what we have been through. The loss of livelihoods and lives is tragic. But hopefully there will be light for us all on the other side. Take care, stay safe and thank you again for the link up.

Jackie McGuinness said... {Reply}

I get my second shot today! We are in stage one of opening up. Taking it slowly works for me.

Bekah said... {Reply}

I love reading this and I am so looking forward to seeing more of what you share from here!

Cloudia said... {Reply}

A New Day!

Lucy said... {Reply}

For me here in Montreal, I feel like New York is the heartbeat of the world...when it gets better, we will all be better! MAybe it's coz we are very close cities- but we've always felt this affinity (did you know that here we say that Montreal is New York's little sister?). Have a great weekend!