Thursday, August 12, 2021

World Trade Center: Oculus

I had heard that the plaza outside the Oculus had gotten a colorful upgrade and finally made it down there to check it out! Across the plaza are a variety of fun and very colorful murals. They liven up the area and are a cool contrast to the very modern, sleek space.
 While I was there, I walked over to the WTC memorial. I hadn't been in ages and it's always sobering to stand there. I think the hustle and bustle in the area speaks to what NYC is all about, living life.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

12 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Wonderful photos! One day I would like to see the WTC memorial.

Tom said... {Reply}

...WOW, these images are FABULOUS!!!

Bekah said... {Reply}

All of these photos are amazing, but I definitely want to see the WTC memorial someday!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I think there were some murals when I was there but it looks a lot more colorful now!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Always love your views of NYC!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Oh wow, what a beautiful display of cheerful colors! I haven't been to the WTC memorial in forever either. It is a very sobering experience and so sad right now as our troops are pulling out of Afghanistan and the Taliban is just taking city after city every day.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

you have such an artistic eye for composition. Sometimes my husband will comment on pictures and say how pretty it is. I say, you were there too!!! And he replies but it looks so good in the photos! You captured the intricacy of the lines, the repetition of them. The peace and the bustle of NYC.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

So many great shots here! Love it!

Joanne said... {Reply}

What beautiful colors! As always you have such beautiful composition in your shots.

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said... {Reply}

Such a brilliant group of photos. I really appreciate your eye to show us the feel as well as the look. Thanks for posting, and hosting.

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

Yes, living life to the full is so important as we don't know the future. We only ever have today!
Blessings,
Jennifer

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is so very beautiful. Very nice.