Thursday, September 16, 2021

Yom Kippur

"On Rosh Hashanah it is inscribed, and on Yom Kippur it is sealed..."
The imagery on Yom Kippur that the gates of heaven are closing after being open for the past 10 days is so striking. The idea that in the final minutes of the holiday, as we stand weak from hunger and thirst, our prayers have a direct line to Gd is powerfully spiritual for me. 

We've opened a new year. Entered into a new chance at so much in our lives. What will we make of the year ahead of us, now that the doors have closed, ushering us into the future? Time will tell.

**scheduled post**

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

9 thoughts on the matter:

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

G’mar chatima tova, Tamar. (I totally had to cheat and look up what the proper greeting for Yom Kippur is. I hope that I got it correct.) Also, I hope that your fasting goes easy, my friend. The imagery you shared really is quite powerful.

Shelbee

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Read your post twice, because I wanted to understand the imagery. So picturesque. Thank you for sharing the underpinnings of your faith.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Beautiful!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}



Blessings on Yom Kippur, Tamar

Daniela said... {Reply}

Thank you for sharing Yom Kippur and for hosting, as well!
Sending blessings across the miles
Xx Daniela at ~ My little old world ~

Tom said... {Reply}

...I hope that the New Year is filled with blessing for you.

Bekah said... {Reply}

Beautiful picture and thoughts!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I hope yours went well.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Blessings to you and your family.