Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Apple Picking

Did you even do "fall" correctly if you didn't go apple picking? I am still finding my go-to orchard here in NY, but had a great afternoon at Outhouse Orchards picking a huge bag of apples. I was shocked at how many apples were still hanging on the trees in mid-October, must have been a good harvest thanks to our soggy summer.
There is nothing better than fresh-picked apples. They really have a leg up on the grocery store apples and they are somehow more fun to eat! This year, I have just been munching on them, but may have to sauce a few because nothing beats locally picked homemade apple sauce. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


12 thoughts on the matter:

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I love apple picking!

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

I am a fan of purchasing at orchards...but not picking anymore at my advanced age! So glad to also have orchards nearby with fresh cider, different kinds of apples, juice, and of course, pies!

Bekah said... {Reply}

One of these years...I will go apple picking. Can you believe I've never done it?

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

I've never been apple picking. I always think about doing it...

Joanne said... {Reply}

Fresh picked apples are the best!

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

I am sad that we didn't get to go apple picking this year! We were just too busy. Our season runs much earlier than yours in New York. Ours runs from August to September.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

We haven't been picking in a few years. I always get carried away and pick too many but then I get to make applesauce! The best!

Tom said... {Reply}

...apple picking is done around here!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Daniela said... {Reply}

Dear Michelle,
thank you for hosting your so lovely party!
Wishing you a most beautiful remainder of your week
XO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~

Daniela said... {Reply}

Oh, I forgot to write that I love picking apples and also to eat them in the meantime :)!
Thank you for sharing your nice shots too!
XO Daniela

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

We always loved going to the apple orchards upstate NY in Warwick--Masker Orchard--very large and scenic. Try them next year