Thursday, February 10, 2022

Hunter's Point South Park

A few weeks ago, we drove out to Long Island City to explore a park on the East River. I had heard it had some fun features and it was such an awesome use of an old ship and railyard. The path wove along the rive with some grassy areas, dog parks, and playgrounds with Manhattan views on one side and new fancy highrises on the other.
I was a big fan of the art and funky benches. The heart is a tribute to all the front-line workers who are working tirelessly in wave after covid wave. The Pepsi-Cola sign used to be on the factory but was moved to the park when the factory shuttered years ago. Another awesome city spot to explore!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
>
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


14 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Such great views! Looks like a nice park.

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Beautiful views of the sky line!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Ooh awesome views, Tamar! We will be heading to Long Island this summer for a wedding! I haven’t been to that area in ages!

Shelbee

Tom said... {Reply}

...I'd love a Pepsi please!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Very cool! Love the old Pepsi sign!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

The Pepsi Cola sign looks familiar, I wonder if I used to see it or a different one on a different factory!

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said... {Reply}

New York is on my list to be able to see, once travel begins again. In the mean while, I love the photos you provide, thank you!

Natasha said... {Reply}

This looks like such a fun part of the city to explore.

Cloudia said... {Reply}

I enjoyed walking along here with you

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

I remember that Pepsi Cola sign!

Joanne said... {Reply}

What beautiful views; I have never been to Long Island.

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

So much variety of sites in New York! We hope to visit again sometimes in 2022. We've had to put it off the past 2 years.

Bekah said... {Reply}

So beautiful. Every time you post these views, you make me want to move this higher on my visit list!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

What a great park. So very beautiful.