Monday, February 21, 2022

The Good. The Random. The Fun. v. 8

The Good:
Our science teacher did a school-wide unit on maple tapping right on our campus! The kids learned to tap the trees, collect the sap, boil it, and make syrup. We served our WDS syrup at lunch last week, perfect with the gf french toast the chef makes!

The Random:
That is not cauliflower of many colors...

The Fun:
I binged all of "All Creatures Great and Small" over the weekend. It's so lovely! If you love British period pieces and animals it's for you.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Surely it's "All Creatures Great and Small"? I haven't seen the new series but used to love that programme - and the books - when I was younger.

Tom said... {Reply}

...what fun project for the your students.

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

My brother-in-law has been trying to convince my sister to watch All Creatures. I'm not sure if she has or not. I'll have to ask!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Perhaps it is albino cauliflower of many colors! LOL I love that you tapped some maple syrup! Fun and Yum!

Shelbee

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

That show looks so good. I hope I can find it somewhere. Yum on the maple syrup and GF French toast!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

What a fun project for the students. I did not know maple trees ran sap in NY! It must have tasted so delicious.

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Thank you sweetie!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Is that the old BBC series or have they done a new one? The books were so popular, back in the day...

Joanne said... {Reply}

What a fun way to learn about sugaring! We went to a few demos ourselves and it's amazing the work that goes into such small bottles of sweetness.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

What a cool science project. Very cool.

packmom said... {Reply}

Maple tapping is so cool. I learned about in Canada somewhere when I was little. I also loved those "All Creatures Great and Small" books. Read them in high school. Where did you binge watch it from?