Thursday, March 31, 2022

Old vs New

One of my favorite parts of NYC is the mix of the old and new architecture. The old has such classic lines, intricate details, and patterns. The new is sleek and glossy - lots of glass and steel.  
Lately, I have been looking up more as I wander about and the architecture - new and old - just wows me. The mix of styles and all the eye-catching details really make this city something else. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


13 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Absolutely beautiful! The tiled patterns are fabulous.

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

I don't have a tendency to notice architecture, so thank you for loaning your perspective!

Tom said... {Reply}

...architecture is one of my passions.

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

Your striking photos make me pay attention to the architecture. Sometimes I have to be invited to notice before I remember to do it. Thanks for the invitation!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I like how you take your photos of the tops of the buildings. You are so good at that.

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Very cool juxtaposition of the old and new architecture, Tamar! These photos are amazing!

Shelbee

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

like big adult tinker toys, and sculptures you live in

Cloudia said... {Reply}

I like your photos a lot

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

You have a great eye for it!

Joanne said... {Reply}

I love old world architecture but I do enjoy the more sleek, shiny, newer touches too. I bet NYC is filled with lots of that juxtaposition.

Amila said... {Reply}

This is a great combination of the old and new architecture. The new is sleek but the old has something unique with lines. Both are necessary for the built environment to make a city look and function great!

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said... {Reply}

I love your work! Are one of those tile ceilings over the underground Oyster Bar in Grand Central?

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very cool. Love the mix of architecture. Very nice.