Thursday, April 7, 2022

Staple Street Sky Bridge

The Staple Street is one of the shortest streets in the city; just 2 blocks long (you can see the ends of the block in each picture!).  The sky bridge connects the two buildings that used to be part of New York Hospital (or NY Presbyterian nowadays). 
The hospital has long moved to bigger pastures, but the bridge has remained here for around 100 years! Today, the bridge connects two parts of a 7,500 sq foot residential loft space. Rough life for those folks! It's a little gem and I am glad to have finally been in the neighborhood and seen it. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

15 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

How wonderful! That really is a little gem!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Oh what a cute little hidden NYC treasure! I love the history of all those random tiny streets in the city. Particularly the downtown area, all around Pearl Street, It just fascinates me! Where is this Staple Street located? (Actually, I am just going to go look it up because I am very intrigued)! Have a fabulous day, my friend!

Shelbee

Natasha said... {Reply}

I LOVE this. How fun would it be to know people in both buildings?!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

I wonder what it would be like to live with a sky bridge...

Tom said... {Reply}

...neat back alley!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

It looks very old - and I like the cobblestones!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

What a cool spot to live!

Cloudia said... {Reply}

That is very cool thank you!

Joanne said... {Reply}

That looks so neat! I love old buildings like this; it reminds me of some other old mill (I think?) that we have somewhat locally and it has a bridge that connects to parts of it too. I'm pretty sure they've been made into condos now.

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

Wow we have one similar here in Sydney, Australia Tamar!
I think old architecture is so interesting.
Blessings,
Jennifer

Amila said... {Reply}

These are great photos..

Val said... {Reply}

That's a pretty cool bridge between the buildings :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Lovely said... {Reply}

That's a cool street! Thanks for sharing!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Donna Reidland said... {Reply}

I love what cities have done with old buildings like that. Instead, of just letting them fall into ruin.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is such a cool treasure. Thanks for sharing it with us.