Thursday, September 22, 2022

Bronx 10 Miler

After a very long injury-induced hiatus, I ran my comeback race on Sunday! Earlier in the spring, I signed up for the Bronx 10 Miler to give myself a big distance goal. I had a really strong training build and went into the race knowing I was totally fit to cruise to the finish, and that I did. 

The race started by Yankee Stadium (the first time this Red Sox fan was ever there!) on Grand Concourse and was a nice up and back. After a minor bib fiasco (may have left mine at home but they reissued me one, phew) it was smooth sailing. 
I raced with my fav Peloton run instructor in my ear and I got into the zone. By 2 miles in, I was really feeling in the zone and settled in for the long haul. I was picking off people every mile and only slowed to a walk at the 4 water stations. The last mile-ish was down hill and between that and pure adrenaline I sprinted to the finish!

I crushed it with a 1:35 time - a solid 10 minutes faster than my goal time. It felt so good to cross that line and get a medal again. This race was a long time coming. My doctor wasn't wrong when he said recovery wouldn't be linear or easy, but between my medical team, the Peloton team, and sheer grit on my part I did it!

Next up, a half in December!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

10 thoughts on the matter:

roentare said... {Reply}

Looks like a fun run. Great captures of the event

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

Great, well done Tamar! ☺️

Tom said... {Reply}

...congrates!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Well done, Tamar! You can tell running is your happy place. You look so joyful in these photos!

Shelbee

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Very impressive and great job getting there!

Lea said... {Reply}

Congratulations!

Cloudia said... {Reply}

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Joanne said... {Reply}

Oh I bet that felt so good to be back at it and congrats on crushing your time goal!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Congratulations. Tamar!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Good for you! This is so awesome ...and it didn't rain did it? :)