Thursday, October 20, 2022

Apple Picking

 I took advantage of a perfect fall day to get my annual apple-picking trip in! The orchard was a little more over picked than I expected but I still had a great time walking around the groves and finding applied to take home with me.

I mainly picked macintosh, ida red, winesap, and fujis. Most were quickly cooked down into a batch of fresh apple sauce and the others I will enjoy munching on for the next few weeks. A fall "must do" activity done for the year!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

kwarkito said... {Reply}

i do believe in this proverb "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

I love your energy for life & the interesting things you do Tamar!
Blessings, Jennifer

Tom said... {Reply}

...this is a special time of year.

Unknown said... {Reply}

What a perfectly beautiful day you had! And this is prettier than the bag I bought at Aldi! :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I missed apple picking this year!

Lea said... {Reply}

I love apples!
Have a blessed day!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Aw, I love this, Tamar! I have yet to go apple picking! Every year I say I want to take my kids and every year we get busy and it never happens!

Shelbee

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

We used to go to Maskers in Warwick, in upstate NY, and we'd eat as much as we picked ...lol. Wonderful fall fun!

Melva said... {Reply}

I was given some apples last week and made applesauce. It brought back memories of when we would pick bushels of apples when our children were young and we lived in the midwest where orchards were prevalent. It was a nice memory. <3

MAPLELEOPARD said... {Reply}

Id love to go apple picking! This lovely post makes me miss home in WA state so bad, the apple capital of the world! I cant wait til we can move back! Happy fall!

Valerie
www.mapleleopard.com

Cloudia said... {Reply}

Oh that was so beautiful. I could smell the apples!