Thursday, May 4, 2023

NYC Marathon 2023!!

In 2018, I ran 2 marathons in the span of 6 months. After Chicago, I decided I'd take some time to run for fun, work on some other fitness goals, and figure out what I wanted to do next. 

Turns out that what was up next was a series of serious hip injuries. As I emerged from those, I signed up for the 2020 NYC Marathon to help get back into the swing of things. 

Well, just weeks after I hit "submit" on the NYRR site, the world shut down due to the pandemic and my hips got iffy again. 

In September 2020, I had the chance to defer my NYC entry and I chose the latest possible year - 2023, hoping I'd truly be back on my feet by then. 

Well, the time is now! In 6 months, I will run the New York City Marathon as a member of the Team For Kids charity team!! 
Come November 5th, I will run from Staten Island all the way to Central Park - hitting every borough along the way and racing my 3rd US Major. It's really special to know my first marathon was on my home turf in Boston and I will close the marathon chapter in my running life in my current backyard: NYC. 

It's a privilege to team up with TFK once again to raise money for amazing programming for our country's youth. TFK is the official NYRR charity and helps over 250,000 kids a year live healthier lives. 

If you feel so inclined, can you please help me reach my fundraising goal? The kids TFK helps appreciate it so (as do I!). Thanks in advance for cheering me on along the way!

I am so excited to go for 26.2 one more time. Yes, this will be my last marathon and I want to savor every mile and every step along the way. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

10 thoughts on the matter:

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said... {Reply}

That's wonderful! Have fun!

-Soma

roentare said... {Reply}

Congratulations on your achievement

Tom said... {Reply}

...congrats!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Congrats!

Lisa notes... said... {Reply}

What an awesome thing to be able to do! Happy for you! May your hips do you right. :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Wow this is so exciting!

Joanne said... {Reply}

Best of luck to you!!

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

running again, I know it makes you happy and it's such an achievement
LeeAnna

Daniela said... {Reply}

That's truly great, Tamar, I'm so excited for you!
Thank you for hosting, as well!
X Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~

Esmé Slabbert said... {Reply}

WOW awesome and congratulations to you for doing a marathon. I must admit that's not something that I have ever contemplated or done. The closest I got was doing a 10 km funrun on a number of occasions.
Thank you for the opportunity to link up here.